www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Since this has to do with overhead throws then why not start a discussion on what to throw when throwing overhead throws.

Tags: Overhead, Throws, Thumbers, Tomahawks

Views: 829

Replies to This Discussion

Lately I've been throwing a Gateway Speed Demon with pretty good results. Never thrown a disc so overstable and I've thrown pletty of overstable discs. It's like a saw blade thrown off the machine. Gateway Spirits are nice as well.

Very fast and the disc is always going to do the full roll over in the air like you want. It was so overstable when I first started using it for thumbers once it rolled once in the air it went straight down to the ground. Now it's beat a little, it gives a nice flowing single roll in the air.

Flick is probably still my favorite thumber disc, it always has as long or longer thumber distance and always know where its gonna land.
I like to throw the ESP Avenger SS for both thummers and tomahawks
also i like the Pro Starfire.

they both do wonders for me since i throw far and high.
I can't really throw the thumber just yet ( haven't figured out the release) but I love throwing tomahawks on a few of the holes I frequent. My Star Firebirds are used for the majority of my overhead shots, but I'll also throw my Rocs and Wizards as well. I have a 150 class ESP Flick that I just got but it's probably the most overstable disc I've ever thrown. I've only thrown it sidearm so far - I should probably give it a shot on some tommies and see how it does. I haven't tried it myself but I've heard the Latitude 64 XXX is a GREAT overhand disc.
Gotta have a venom for long overhands and a z flash for anything under 250.
Typically overstable plastic will yield more distance with the same power relative to an understable one.
Flick (150 & 170), Teebird, and Viper.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968