www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

why do u throw that driver i want to know im getting a new disc and want an opinion

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A Teebird is perfect for that.
I throw forehand and the rounded inner lip of the Raging Inferno feels great when throwing. It also starts out very overstable and slowly works into a stable driver; when you throw it, you know where it's going. It's my "go to driver" for dealing with tough shots. I just picked up a brand new one (very overstable) for fighting the wind, since my older one flips on me now when I use it in heavy winds.
for sidearm Star Xcaliber, fast and predictible, can't wait to try the 1st run i just got for $16.
My favorite driver is the Z Avenger. I can throw it backhand and forehand. It goes straight for a long ways and then has a nice, consistent fade at the end.
The greatest disc all around is of course the wraith. If mastered right the Wraith is a straight flyier. when broke in a wraith will slowly break into a helix pattern. Champion wraiths are slower to break in and are more over stable in the beginning. Star wraiths will break in pretty fast depending on the way you throw them. meaning the spin speed you actually create. the dx wraith is just a good understable roller. i have been playing for about a 1 and a half and to tell you the truth it is one of the best discs i have ever thrown. if not just use a putter.
First run Star Destroyer, I get my biggest distance from it and once it beat in good, it is becoming easier to manipulate.
Id try an X avenger. A little less stable than esp or z avengers and fly straight as an arrow with very little power.
i too use the boss & the destroyer ; i would like to hear your comperative thoughts of these 2 discs
yeah i found the t bird for them mid straigt backhand shots; what do you use for distance
Got to be my 169g Pro destroyer. Backhand I get it to Flatten out then charge right then get a nice gliding left finish. Sidearm I have also had great results with this disc. Mine is well broken in forgot how it flew new : / Haven't had the chance to get a boss or groove yet. Main driver used to be a beast but swapped off.
i threw a boss farther than i've ever thrown anything the other day. a champ destroyer is much more stable than a champ boss for sure and is now my headwind driver. i'm throwing over 400 now and i'd say i have above average power and arm speed but just average snap. i wish i could pick one or the other but it just hasn't happenned yet.
Well I throw a teebird for anything up to about 350 if I need to really crush it past 400 I usually use Wraiths or Valkyries, sometimes an Orc. I haven't hoped onto the speed 12 and 13 bandwagon yet. The rims on them are just too thick for me to be able to get the kind of snap I can get on a wraith.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968