www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

why do u throw that driver i want to know im getting a new disc and want an opinion

Views: 24

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lighter Star Wraiths are Awesome !!!!
I drive forehand and when I am looking for max D I try to go for my First Run Pulse, When I need a little more predictability I reach for for my ESP Predator, both work real well for forehand shots.
I would have to disagree with the wraith being the best. But that is just my opinion. I think the pulse is the best driver.
My broke in 169 Pro Wraith is straight up butter.I want to marry it but I cant because its not a humanoid.
Favorite? Depends on the shot. Pure distance, it's a Destroyer. For holding a line into the wind, an Xcal. For long S curves or turnovers I use a Beast. For tomahawks and control drives under 300 or so, a leopard. For sidearm shots, I have been using a Groove. For wide open less than 250ish hyzer shots I use a roc. Around 200 ft I like to drive with an Aviar.

They're all my favorites, and I'd have to buy a new one if I ran out of any of those discs.

But I suppose if I had to pick just one to play a whole round with, it'd be my Leopard. The fact that it tomahawks so well and is such an accurate flier just give it a special place in my heart. It also is quite a floater so if you can find a tailwind it is easy to lob pretty high and expect to glide a lot. :) Really the only issue is shooting it into a headwind, in which case you have to be very careful with the disc to finesse it quite a bit and remember that it turns over very easily!
171 star wraith, or 171 star sl. the wraith will give a better hyzer, the sl will go dead-nuts straight with little fade.
167 Champion Teebird; well any type of teebird really. They are very versitle. I currently have a 167 champ in my bag, 172 star and a 172 cfr TL. I found that they work well on almost any kind of drive.

Happy GOLFIN'!!
my thoughts exactly.
overall id have to say my go to driver is the wraith i have a heavier star wraith(172) that i use for hyzers,i have a lighter beat in pro wraith(167) that works great for flip drives,and i had a midweight star(169) that was great for straight shots or a little flip sadly that disc was stolen from me right off the green while i was in a small lake retrieving my lighter wraith.i have replaced my 169 star wraith with a 167 star teerex it is very similar but less stable wish i would have gotten a heavier one
My go to driver is a millennium OLS, I carry four of them in different stages of wear. I don't have the arm speed to throw some of the faster stuff and I can get the OLS to do just about anything I need it to do.
169g champ Teebird
169g star TL
168g champ Sidewinder

I'm a lefty so for me I can throw one of these long and straight. If need be I can flick these really good to.
Pro Destroyer !!! Best Hyzer Flip disc !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968