www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have a Revolution Carolina bag and I love the rain guard, it allows you to secure it down so that no discs can come out of your bag (including putters). I also love the lanyard inside the pocket to attach your keys to.
What bag do you have? What is your favorite feature(s) of that bag?

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

? , inside pocket
Some courses have Bears, some courses have thieves who like to jump lone disc golfers and rob them. I have a CCW to protect myself and my property, that is the issue. I don't carry mine on every round, but if I am by myself at a course that has had these things happen there is a 50/50 chance I may have it in my bag if the park is not very busy. The thieves can take their chances. Trust me once you get held at gun point for your wallet or car and you live in a state where you can get a Concealed Carry Weapon permit you will think twice about getting one. Both have happened to me and I am not going to be afraid to exercise my right and go where I please when I please. You always need to be aware of your surroundings . Up here in MI I have also encountered Black Bears, you don't want to be looking for a disc and get between a mother and her cub(s) that is not a fun situation either.
There is absolutely NO way to know when or where you will need to defend yourself or others. Criminals and wild animals are similar in one aspect, they aren't partial to just cities and 'hoods'.

Regardless, kudos for exercising your rights. Here in WI, there is NO concealed carry statewide. Open carry is permitted but the laws restricting it make it about completely impossible to implement legally.

I'm moving to PA shortly and plan to obtain a "LTCF" as soon as possible. Hope my past legal indiscretions don't prohibit me from obtaining it.

JJ Coutts said:
curious as to why you would need a gun while disc golfing. I am all for being able to arm yourself but that seems like one of the only instances where you would not really need a gun
ok, that makes sense then
Mike said:
Some courses have Bears, some courses have thieves who like to jump lone disc golfers and rob them. I have a CCW to protect myself and my property, that is the issue. I don't carry mine on every round, but if I am by myself at a course that has had these things happen there is a 50/50 chance I may have it in my bag if the park is not very busy. The thieves can take their chances. Trust me once you get held at gun point for your wallet or car and you live in a state where you can get a Concealed Carry Weapon permit you will think twice about getting one. Both have happened to me and I am not going to be afraid to exercise my right and go where I please when I please. You always need to be aware of your surroundings . Up here in MI I have also encountered Black Bears, you don't want to be looking for a disc and get between a mother and her cub(s) that is not a fun situation either.
Sry I couldn't respond till now. Had a show to work today...The In, The Out and The Show Call....8am till 12:30 am...long day!!!

I carry a gun.... mostly because......when seconds count...the police are only minutes away. ;)

Some of the areas around here.... that I may play disc golf in...aren't exactly....'Leave to Beaver' type communities either.

I also hold a CWP and shoot IDPA...local matches, Sunshine State Games, the occasional State Championship match. I also may stand in as a SO at some matches from time to time.


In 1911...my current flavor is Kimber...although there are a few models of Springfield 1911's, I would not mind owning...had an XD for a short while....not bad!! but I like my GL34 a little better then the XD.
Also a big fan of HK. That's enough Gun talk for now....Someone will likely get their panties all in a bunch....lmao!!!!
It should be everyone's right to carry all the time criminals do so why cant we? I am going to get my cwp here in michigan as soon as i get the money for the permits and class. then i will have my 38 on the course with me.

Jamie 'gr8rocshot' Ruane said:
Sry I couldn't respond till now. Had a show to work today...The In, The Out and The Show Call....8am till 12:30 am...long day!!!

I carry a gun.... mostly because......when seconds count...the police are only minutes away. ;)

Some of the areas around here.... that I may play disc golf in...aren't exactly....'Leave to Beaver' type communities either.

I also hold a CWP and shoot IDPA...local matches, Sunshine State Games, the occasional State Championship match. I also may stand in as a SO at some matches from time to time.


In 1911...my current flavor is Kimber...although there are a few models of Springfield 1911's, I would not mind owning...had an XD for a short while....not bad!! but I like my GL34 a little better then the XD.
Also a big fan of HK. That's enough Gun talk for now....Someone will likely get their panties all in a bunch....lmao!!!!
It is amazing how many people actually carry. I consider myself a nice person but not stupid. I know what is out there. There are a million examples why to carry. If you are interested go to your local gun shop and ask. They can be most helpful.
I don't have to carry a gun . I carry two discs in my bag , with the appropiate sidearm throw , can knock a person out , dent a car or kill a small animal !!!!!
hahahah :D

Donny Olow said:
I don't have to carry a gun . I carry two discs in my bag , with the appropiate sidearm throw , can knock a person out , dent a car or kill a small animal !!!!!
if a thief or mad animal is in your face your disc wont do nothing. well a wild animal might knaw on it but a thief is gonna either stab you or shoot you.
Seems like you may need an ever bigger bag if you plan on killing a Black Bear???

Mike said:
Some courses have Bears, some courses have thieves who like to jump lone disc golfers and rob them. I have a CCW to protect myself and my property, that is the issue. I don't carry mine on every round, but if I am by myself at a course that has had these things happen there is a 50/50 chance I may have it in my bag if the park is not very busy. The thieves can take their chances. Trust me once you get held at gun point for your wallet or car and you live in a state where you can get a Concealed Carry Weapon permit you will think twice about getting one. Both have happened to me and I am not going to be afraid to exercise my right and go where I please when I please. You always need to be aware of your surroundings . Up here in MI I have also encountered Black Bears, you don't want to be looking for a disc and get between a mother and her cub(s) that is not a fun situation either.
Here in Florida it's a good chance that the guy next to you is carrying a weapon of some type. I like to say "protected by Smith & Wesson". They even warn travelers to not upset the locals if you travel to the state. I wounder if Mickey Mouse is packing?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…
 

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968