www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Favorite lost disc and how did you lose it? I hate this feeling of knowing I simply forgot to pick up my disc. Left a very trustworthy champion leopard behind today.

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last year I had a ESP nuke that was dyed with a bio hazard insignia on it. There is a hole on one of our local courses we call the anthill. You sort of shoot across a valley that runs about 200 feet from teepad to the base of the hill. And the hill itself is about 50 some feet tall, pretty steep in most parts, and covered in trees and shrubs. The valley running up to the hill has a clearing by the base to approach from, but the rest of it before that point is blanketed by a thick patch of trees and bushes. So it's not always easy to accurately gauge depth if you have an errant shot. I think I sidearmed it skyward and it hyzered hard toward that hill, but that was the last time I saw it. Looked for a good hour scouring the areas I thought it could have went. Never found it, never got a call of course even though my info was covering the bottom of the disc. First time I had ever lost some dyed plastic so I was pretty bummed about it. Have since lost three total discs on that hole, so now I am very conservative with where I throw my nice plastic, and when to let the beaters do the flying.

Funny how those "utility " discs that are thrown on danger holes can stick around for a while and turn into a favorite disc. That's kinda how I grew to like this leopard so much. The Firebird I lost also.

I lost it the other day at sleepy hollow state park A Ching Precision ---was playing an "island" hole its more like a penninsula with water on both sides. Right before I got to this hole I had just hit a 100 foot annie putt around trees with this disc.

So this "island" hole is pretty crazy. You tee off and it goes forward, then down a steep shorthill to the left and goes into this really narrow path where the basket lays. It was really windy this day and usally this disc dont do to bad with short distances... the wind that day picked it up and threw it left in a completely disgusting pond and therefore confiscated my disc lol. 

Maybe the worst was not one disc, but all three of my Sidewinders got lost in about a months time. Basically left a huge hole in my game not having a hyzerflip or long turnover driver.

Most recently I lost a Lat 64 Vision, that was my go to roller and mega turnover disc. I am in the process of replacement now and it's not going smoothly... 

I lost a lat vision on that very hole around the 4th of july went to the right lhbh  only about 3 feet off fairway, looked for a least a hour even went back the next day ,because we were camping there . thick thick brush , ruined  my weekend , I did buy  another vision and is not even close to what I had . bummer 

Amazingly I just found my disc sitting in the same spot it landed yesterday. Very lucky noone grabbed it.

Lost my Favorite , Straight Flyer , Pro Starfire , 174 grams , in the Lake at the San Francisco Safari in Golden Gate Park.

Yea dude- that hole is brutal, what you cant see in the pic- the sides that are thick brush aren't very wide up next to the basket. The brush is on a fairly steep incline and at the bottom of that thick brush is a 8 inch drop straight into some kinda deep water thats hard to see in. 

Anyone know of a putter that floats? :)

I was all cut up from that brush , very thick and thorny , happened to be  short and flip flop season.

Score! I left a disc behind once... good thing I didn't use it much lol

Augusta Champ Wraith I'd had for 5 months.  Threw it into a huge pile of storm debris that the city dumps on the 9th fairway at Oak Grove every year.  Never even saw it out of my hand... and my friend wasn't watching.

Looks like an evil hole.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968