www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've tried out several different putters, finding none that I'm content with yet. Lately my Star Cro has been doubling as my putter of choice. What works well for you and why?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found am Omega super soft the other day at one of my local courses Knollwood. They have a shallow disc eating pond I can easily find things in. Also found a Glow Wizard are those hard to find? Or is there anything special about those?

On topic The first putter I really used alot was the Banger GT No putter feels better in my hand than the Banger.The groove top lets you just get the best hold ever. They do everything to, whatever you want it to do it will. Great Roller. Anything. Favorite putter by far. I also have a Buzz GT and a Slipstream GT. That groove top is awesome.

It also comes in Soft Banger GT's also thats what I use 95% of the time for putting. I had 1 hard Banger and 2 Soft Bangers.

Bill Burns said:
I putted with Aviars for years, and I mean years. Then I bought an Omega Super Soft, because someone told me it was just like an Aviar, but lots softer. I tried it, and immediately stopped putting with the Aviar and went to it. The softness helps it absorb more of the kinetic energy when it hits the chains/pole, and I have had many putts stick in the side of the basket, and at least one go completely through the front of basket to lay comfortably on the pan!
Bill Burns said:
I putted with Aviars for years, and I mean years. Then I bought an Omega Super Soft, because someone told me it was just like an Aviar, but lots softer. I tried it, and immediately stopped putting with the Aviar and went to it. The softness helps it absorb more of the kinetic energy when it hits the chains/pole, and I have had many putts stick in the side of the basket, and at least one go completely through the front of basket to lay comfortably on the pan!

what Bill said !!
I like the way it comes out of the hand on the longer putts when you really torque, wobbles for the first twenty feet or so, and then goes flat and straight
my black Omega SS has gone through the side of the basket twice and stuck in the side numerous times
I use the Omega Supersoft because it flies similar to the JK Aviar, but the material is much more forgiving when in contact with the basket. I've had putts that did not deserve to go in get the kindest bounce off the front of the basket and into the chains. I buy an Omega SS for all my friends/family when introducing them to the sport!
Dude! Glow wizards are money!! That was a nice find...if you don't want it I would gladly take it off your hands...

And back on topic, I putt with a Wizard. I have many different wiz's in varying plastics...and that glow plastic is $$$
I've just switched from soft Banger GTs to Star Aviars, and I like them, but im experimenting with others as well. Got a soft Magnet and a standard Magnet coming, as well as some Gateway putters, which everyone usually raves about (I haven't used them yet). Havent heard much about the Omega, but Millennium say its their most popular disc, so thats gotta count for something.

I'll let you know how I go when i get my putter shipment in and give them a try.
Banger GT.....first I think that this is the best putter driver out there....esp version stays stable even after many tree knocks!! throw it on most shots 150-250 ft. The d version is my main putter.....love the grove top.....changed my grip last winter...the groove is great for my thumb and allows for my middle and fourth finger to grip the bump on the bottom of the flight plate...allows for a very clean release from all contact points simultaneously..... bead on bottom allows me to trust it in any wind!!!!
Gateway $uper $tupid $oft!
Rhyno is my bread and butter. tends to not roll away from the pin it i hit and miss and holds a good line no any type of putt. Can use for approach shots, i tend to try to use it for anything less then 100 feet.
I'm sticking to my favorites !!!!! 172 JK and 175 KC pro !!!!
Wizards and Rhynos
I must be the wierd one here, I realy love my DGA Blunt Gumbputt. It's supppppeerrrrrrr soft, so it sticks well in the chains, it hits the ground on it's side and it bends over and flops down. It doesn't have alot of glide so if I miss a putt it doesn't glide way far away. It feels great in my hand, and it makes an excelent catch disc for playing around with some friends before a round.
Keep Hucking
-Chris UPDGA# 0001
I'Ve got three:
Flx Challenger- it's a raelly overstable putter that handles the anhyzer i put on my putts
Soft Magnet- raelly gummy sticks to the chains really well
Magnet stays a really nice line has no fade on long putts

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968