www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What's your favorite putt/approach disc and what do you like about it?

Views: 43

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

SS Omega and for winder days sss warlock. My putting has improved so much with this combo.
I've been messing with a couple. I'm currently using a DX Innova Hydra. This baby is solid. I like this disc because..1. it floats! and 2. I takes a lot to flip this disc. If I release it flat.. it will stay flat and drop with very little fade. I know probably brand new they are probably more likely to fade more to the left but I found this baby in a thorn bush with no name on it with little to moderate wear.

I'll use these discs off the tee because of a lot of the short technical courses we have around town in Raleigh, NC. I have DX Aviars that will move more understable as throughout the late part of the year. My other putter was a 12x KC Pro Aviar. It was stiff like the Hydra but would wear less than the DX Aviar's I had in my bag.

I'll use a KC Pro Roc for my approach shots
I use a Wolf for straight to anhyzer approaches, or a Roc for hyzer angles. I've been putting lately with an organic voodoo putter - seems to grab well.
I love the Quest crossfire. It is strait that has a nice glide. You can put it in so many ways, Hyzer, anhyzer, s-curve. It has a great feel to it because the small bead and smooth under edge. Good stuff.
i like using my JK aviars and for longer putts/aproach i like to use my classic roc
my putters of choice are - the dga blunt for 50 foot and closer putts on calm days and downhill shots as well as tomyhawk upshots, the blunt doesnt give me a bad role usually and the blunt just sticks to the chains and sometimes even appears to climb into the basket when thrown slightly low, my one buddy calls it my ken climbo disc cause it appears to climbo right into the basket at times.

on windy days or for shots farther out than 50 feet i use an ss omega, if i need little more stable putter i will wip out my magic putter, my magic putter is the soft rated one, but frankly it is anything but soft, that things hard as a rock, i wonder do they have an actuall super soft putter like the omegas ? i sure would like to try one
On my longer approaches I put with a champion Cro, but for my shots..60 ft and in or so... I throw a Star Rhyno. I like the Rhyno because its overstable and I throw anny putts. so I can anny the rhyno and not worry about it not coming back. The cro gives me a similiar flight, but has a tad more turn making longer approaches easier to judge.
Disc Player stamped KC Pro Aviar. They are great putters the older they get. As far as approach shots they guarantee holding the line thrown.

My favorite putter is the one that always goes in and doesn't bounce out, unfortunately I have not found one of these...YET. However, I do like the JK aviars when it's cold and I putt with a regular aviar when it's warm. I use my JK for jump putts and when things aren't going in, I pull out a 10x KC and when I start to air ball I dig my pro rhyno out of the closet. Anybody got some suggestions to making my putts stay in?
Once you are convinced you can make a putt, try consistency.
Repetition, repetition, repetition.
Ever watch a basket player at the foul line?
Watched a professional 'ball golfer' go through his or her routine?
Maybe this will help.

Pop Arounleut said:
My favorite putter is the one that always goes in and doesn't bounce out, unfortunately I have not found one of these...YET. However, I do like the JK aviars when it's cold and I putt with a regular aviar when it's warm. I use my JK for jump putts and when things aren't going in, I pull out a 10x KC and when I start to air ball I dig my pro rhyno out of the closet. Anybody got some suggestions to making my putts stay in?
Pop Arounleut said:

I was always told in order to get your putts to stick all of the time then I needed to get my drives closer. lol. I'm still working on that one.

I like Aviars. Use them for both putting and approaching. Got 2 new Aviar P&A discs for Winter golf. Currently using a KC 12x Aviar for my close in putts and working in these new Aviar P&A discs.
I have my dueling Rhynos. One is 172 Champion for wind and long distance. The other is 171 Pro for inside 30 and finesse. And then there's the Champion Roc when I need it.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968