www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What's your favorite putt/approach disc and what do you like about it?

Views: 49

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

soft champion,it's magnetic!!!
I've also been using my Roc to putt, but now I am looking for a true putter to improve the consistency of my short game.so i'm thinking of getting a few classic rocs, since they're more like a putter than the regualr roc.

Wayne Trump said:
Roc, It isn't putter a but i use it for most of my puts. Chains rattle most of the times!
sounds great. where can i find one?

eric beich said:
my beer maiden, because I can talk to her and she talks back.
I've been taking a hard look at the aero myself. I may end up going with the aero or the XD...I don't know. so many choices...

Drx49er said:
I only have two putters, of those I'd say my Innova Aero. My putting has improved since I've started using it.
I've been teaching what I know about disc golf to my 8yr old nephew, taking him out once or twice a week; and it has gotten to the point where he needs to have his own discs, so I got him a T-Bird, Spider, and a Birdie. Believe it or not, the kid does all his shots overhead and is good enough that I haven't bothered to teach him how to throw (RHBH) until he got the Birdie and started to practice a more orthodox form of putting. I've seen him toss 200' drives and 50' putts alike, center pole, overhead throw...
Anyways, I like his birdie so much for putting, I'm thinking of 'borrowing' it for a few days to see if I like it. If I'm not mistaken, don't the Birdie and Rhino have fairly similar shape and flight characteristics?

Jack Davis said:
175 Pro Rhyno

Love the bead on the top and its a straight flier, great for approach also, up do 200ft its great!
where can i find these?

Disc Player Sports said:
Disc Player stamped KC Pro Aviar. They are great putters the older they get. As far as approach shots they guarantee holding the line thrown.

this is funny.
"my one buddy calls it my ken climbo disc cause it appears to climbo right into the basket at times"

I played with a guy who was using one of those things and it just seemed too wierd to me. I gave it a toss, but i want a disc that won't fold over in my hand while I am trying to line up my shot. maybe a stiffer version of the blunt.. I think this dude had the super soft.

DC ( DISCFUNCTIONAL CHRIS ) said:
my putters of choice are - the dga blunt for 50 foot and closer putts on calm days and downhill shots as well as tomyhawk upshots, the blunt doesnt give me a bad role usually and the blunt just sticks to the chains and sometimes even appears to climb into the basket when thrown slightly low, my one buddy calls it my ken climbo disc cause it appears to climbo right into the basket at times.

on windy days or for shots farther out than 50 feet i use an ss omega, if i need little more stable putter i will wip out my magic putter, my magic putter is the soft rated one, but frankly it is anything but soft, that things hard as a rock, i wonder do they have an actuall super soft putter like the omegas ? i sure would like to try one
good point. lol

Jason Brown said:
Used a dx Goblin

But just bought a Gateway Voodoo. Black. I don't think you should get a Voodoo if its not black. Would seem contradictory.
I think my style is push-putt as well. I give the disc a sort of underhand pitch, in which I teransfer my weight forward to my front foot and at the same time 'tip' the disc into an arc flight pattern off my middle finger as I release.
A lot of people rave about the Magnet.. I may have to give it a throw.

Hyzershot said:
Soft Magnets..... I've had the same one in my bag for over four years now, my trusty goto putter in most situations. I have another one in the bag thats changed out pretty often with a new replacement, I like for this one to be brand new and stable so I can approach or drive off the pad with it and use it for windy putts too. If the wind is really howling I grab for a zone.

I like the soft magnets because I putt with a push putt style and really like the rebound they produce out of the hand from they're springy softness, plus sticking to the chains and wedging in the front of baskets from time to time aren't a bad thing either. lol
Gateway Magic and wizzard.
Mid range: star cro and for a wind putter.
The best putter I've used isn't a putter. I use a dx coyote for everything within 70 feet or so. It's 3 years old and beat in really well. The lip is thin and well rounded for a easy and comfortable feel when using the control grip. The flight works out really well for my style of putting since I do straight line drive putts. The approach aspect isn't too shabby either. I've hit some outstanding putts outside of 50 feet with it. Course I'm still what you older generation would call a "newbie."
I throw a champ Rhino, it works well for me in allmost all conditions.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968