www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

We have been getting a lot of smoke here in Colorado Springs the last couple of days. I asked someone and they said that it was coming from New Mexico. When I did a Google search I came up with a fire near Sipapu which is one of my all time favorite disc golf courses. How bad is it down there? Is the course closed? And how close is the fire to the course?

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its bad Jim--the entire resort is threatened including the lodges and foliage--as of right now (June 2, 2:00 p.m.) it is 0% contained and has torched over 1500 acres between Two Gray Hares and Sipapu.

Please, everybody send good thoughts to Northern New Mexico!

I just found out that there are some fires burning in Southern Colorado as well. It is really hazy here today and they have declared that the air quality is bad.

Best wishes to you guys in New Mexico and you have my thoughts and prayers. I definitely hope that it stays away from the disc golf course. It has been so hot and dry here in the Southwest that it isn't any surprise that there are now some fires burning. We do need rain.

Again best wishes to those of you who are being affected.

its close enough that they moved thursday doubles to Angel Fire--

here is a news story:

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/weather/wildfires/wildfire-burns-east-of-si...

they have a facebook page  if interested:

http://www.facebook.com/SipapuNM

I hope everyone in the area is OK. I have friends with several cabins in the area as well.

I heard they have it contained.

Bill Leslie just posted this on the NMDG Facebook group:

We drove South from Colorado Springs after the Sakuna Matata and the worst fire is a little East of Raton, in a secluded canyon. It was pumping lots of smoke into the sky. Locals said it couldn't be worked because of the remoteness.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968