www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I got my first ace today... 220 ft. on hole 5 at Hyzer Creek in Galway, NY.  I hate to say it, but they're not all they're cracked up to be; it just wasn't exciting.  I guess part of it was that it came in a pretty terrible round, the -2 didn't help my score too much, unfortunately.  Anyone else had this experience? 

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats! If you're that concerned with making a good score not to enjoy an ace during a bad round, then I think you need to re-evaluate! I tend to focus on making good shots rather than just making a good score, if that makes sense..
no no, don't get me wrong... I was stoked. it was just wasn't as exciting as I thought it might be. I think another part of it was that i really wasnt even sure where the basket was, I was just throwing in the general direction and it was pure luck.
Some are more exciting than others. But all help the score.
Good Ace on a sweet course.....does Morgan still own it? what ever happened with the eBay sale of that property?
Aces are always cool, but I hear you to some degree. I've said it in the past. If you think about it, if you didn't hit chains for an ace. Chances are. The disc would end up well past the basket. So I kind of thought, an ace. Is truely a bad shot to some degree. We were all just fortunate to hit chains. Or we would be looking at a long birdie putt for a come backer. Oh, well. Just a crazy take I guess? Congrats anyway!
The good ones are the ones where the disc did exactly what you wanted it to do and you knew exactly what you were shooting at. I don't feel quite so elated when I didn't know where the basket was or I got a lucky tree kick or something.
I have 12 aces and I've found that generally...and I don't know why...but generally for me they come during bad rounds. Never could figure that out. Whenever I start out a round really poorly, I think to myself "Hey, maybe I'll get an ace today!"
I thought hole #5 at Hyzer Creek was a long dog leg right, a bit over 500'? Congrats on the ACE but I think you might be confused on what hole it exactly was. What disc did you hit it with BTW?
totally right, I mistyped this. It was on hole 6, got it with a 175 ch wraith. It was a cool ace in that everyone I was playing with happened to be watching the shot. Hyzer is a great course, for sure, with a couple great ace chances...
For sure, man, I definitely buy into this mentality.
Yeah, Morgan still owns it. Not sure what happened with the ebay sale but we saw him out there one day and he spoke of getting some cement tee pads constructed in the near future. Fingers crossed, that course is sweet!
Just what till you hit an ace on a hole people don't drive with putters, that will straighten out the front of your jeans. After all any thing under 300' is just a long duce putt.lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968