www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I got my first ace today... 220 ft. on hole 5 at Hyzer Creek in Galway, NY.  I hate to say it, but they're not all they're cracked up to be; it just wasn't exciting.  I guess part of it was that it came in a pretty terrible round, the -2 didn't help my score too much, unfortunately.  Anyone else had this experience? 

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I hit my first ace there were two witnesses on the tee. Both of them had never seen an ace before. Pretty exciting. 152 foot hole. Still exciting. I don't even know what score I shot that day. I think after that it didn't really matter. I probably shot over par. This is at a course that none of the holes are over 270 feet. Hyzer Creek is huge and great. Any ace there earns you bragging rights IMO
my first ace was in a tournament where it was cold rainy and really windy i was soaking we and playing like a below rec player! then i aced and everything was ok wait forgot to enter the ace pool rule 1: always enter the ace pool!!!!
The skip ace can be a legitimately good shot. I had one just barely miss on a 260' hole that left me with just a 20' putt. My firebirds and teerex-x skip pin high consistently when I throw them with a little height. But often-times I would say you're right that it was a bad shot that got lucky.

I've just discovered that a skip ace run doesn't leave me with a long putt so I'm hoping to up my ace quotient this year! (I only have 2 aces in 6 years as I aim for the base of the pin)
All of my aces have come during practice rounds by myself. Really disappointing that no one was there to see them, but still really exciting. I can't wait to hit one while my friends are watching.
I'm figuring with my luck, my first aces will come when no one is around. Man I've hit chains hundreds of times, but none fell in the basket. I know some people who had gotten aces playing less than a year. GRRRRRRRR. I'm working on finishing up my second year, still no aces, hundreds of "How did that not go in!". Of course one of the folks that helped me get started has played 10 years with no ace, but tons of bounce outs.

I don't care if it's 180'. My first ace will be a proud moment in time. I just wanna get the first one out of the way, then getting my first ace will no longer be floating in my head.
No Worries , you will get more in front of people playing and they will witness it !!!
I have had 3 aces. 1 I had no witnesses, and the other 2 my 3 yr old son was the only witness. 1 ace he actually picked out the disc for me to throw. That one was exciting but the rest were kind of blah.
First Ace!!! Freakin' Sweet! Congrats!

There is a 110 ft hole at a local course... that things been hit more times than Beladonna but people still sign the thing... that's not a great Ace. It only helps the score when I hit it... doesn't make me warm and fuzzy...
I got my first ace today. Stuck on the side of the basket. I pulled it through and it wasnt how i imagined my first ace but it was still sweet.
Haha my fist ace was more so shocking, now I have 5 and they are all very exciting. I am still seeking my first true anny bomb ace. So far I have one forehand, 2 skip aces, and 2 "S Scurve" aces.
hate to say it but that does not really count! You gotta bang those chains son!!!
Don't listen to Bob.....HA!.... it does count....just ask one of our locals who recently netted a $500 Ace Pool with a wedgie.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968