www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So this weekend I believe I am going ot move into the pro division. I won the points series for last years Advanced Players and won probably 7 out of 12 Monthlies at this park. During our PDGA I shot 4 rounds rated at 904, 892, 917 and 954. The park is not hard and is my "home" park. The only thing I dont like, the pros are so serious and take a long time!!! Is it just here or is this everywhere?? I know they are playing for money, but to me, it looks like a lot of our local pros, dont enjoy the game. Dont get me wrong, I am "party" free but dont mind kidding and people talking trash and mess. Just keeps the game fun! It seems like my mental preperation for this event, is just hoping I dont piss off the "pro's"!! Any advice for my first attempt??

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you do the Ice Bowl last year too??.. I made it to that one at Cedar Hills but was late arriving to the one at Kentwood. I got there right when everyone was heading to their tee to start. Sucked.
Those scores don't cash in am2 round here, try to play with some pros for cash not in a tourny to get a feel for it your gonna get smoked at first regardless till your game picks up and if ther is no comp in your division you have no choice but going pro. You will know soon enough if your in the right place. My advice for the round is do not pay attenion to what other players are doing there pros there good stick with what you know and dont try rollers unless your good at em
nope, we went to high point for their ice bowl.
Ams play for fun and Pros play for money. Of course Pros play for fun as well, but the time for fun is not during a PDGA tournament round. Each and every shot counts when you play in the top division. In Advanced, you can make a few mistakes during the round and still manage to place well or even win. However, in the Open division, just one mistake can take you off the top card and more than one mistake will likely take you out of the cash altogether. Most Pros have learned they need to be serious about every single shot if they want a chance to win. This means taking a little more time to think about each shot. Many pros also have pre-shot routines to help combat nerves and develop consistency.

Some people just play slow. Try not to let the slow play affect you or interfere with your game. When I know I will be playing with slower players, I bring my chair and my MP3 with headphones and enjoy my "personal" time while I wait. Stewing on every hole about so-and-so taking forever to throw is a good way to suck the fun out of any round.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968