www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just bought a box of discs from a person who no longer plays and hasn't played in a few years.
I gave more than I wanted to give but there were a couple collectable discs in the bunch as well as a brand new bag.
There is a brand new CE Eagle with some shelf wear but still in really good condition.
There is also what I believe to be a First Run Proto Star stamped Champion Orc. It is light blue with a silver stamp.
Does anyone know for certain if the Orc was ever stamped with a Proto Star?
It has the same dome and egde as well as the cut and angle on the lip.
I'm pretty sure that's what it is, I've just never seen a Proto stamp on one.
Thanks for the help guys.

Tags: champion, orc, proto, sidewinder, stamp, star

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the other discs in the box was a Gummy Pink Champion Sidewainder at 150g.
Man, I looked high and low, but I drew a goose egg. No lettering on the bottom?
never seen a proto stamp orc. it might be a starfire or sl though.
Not that I could see but it's been overcast so when we get a semi sunny day I'll take it out for natural light as that always seems to work better for highly faded markings.
I will compare it to the starfire as I hadn't thought of that yet, but I thyink the starfire edge is slightly angled and a little fatter than this disc. I'll check and see though, that and the sl.
Doesn't look like a Starfire either as the lip is slightly thicker and a little higher but the dome is about the same and the underside of the lip is pretty close too.
Does the stamp cover the whole disc, or is it a "mini" star? If it's a full cover stamp. They made some Champ TL's with the full cover star stamp approx a year or two ago. No rhyme or reason for it. They just did it. I bought a few and they all had the silver stamp.
I'll post a picture in a second but it's a mini stamp and the disc is probably three or so years old. The lip is not as wide as a TL or Teebird either.
it's about 1/16" wider rim than a TL
also, the Starfire has about a 1/16" wider rim than this disc

picture of the stamp

haed to tell on the tape, but right at 3/4" width

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968