www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Are all Star Stamped Bosses and Grooves first-runs? Or are there other runs with the big star stamp?
Just wondered. Also they seem to be worth more. Or at least selling for more.

Tags: Boss, First, Groove, Innova, Run

Views: 700

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just cause you call them a prototype in your mind, does not make them a prototype. They are called first runs.

Discraft and Gateway releases prototypes in short. Not Innova, that's above them apparently.
(gee what a asshole like he has something against Innova or something. I do.

Daniel Mowery said:
aiight you believe that then

PoeticLogic said:
There are not prototype discs, they are first run discs.

Daniel Mowery said:
the first run star stamp disc are prototype disc and they seem to be more understable than the regular ones to me
I have two "proto" teerex's No name just a #. Say 136 of 200. They were also testing the "new" Star plastic as well. They also have a "new" Boss in Star plastic. They are proto's to see if their new stablizing method works.

PoeticLogic said:
I don't believe that, I know that. Name the last Innova released a prototype? They are first runs, Innova is too stuck up for that, lol. Yes that's right I said too stuck up to release their prototypes, maybe you can say picking.

Discraft does sometimes, Gateway a lot, Innova never seen a prototype Innova disc

Daniel Mowery said:

PoeticLogic said:

Daniel Mowery said:
the first run star stamp disc are prototype disc and they seem to be more understable than the regular ones to me
Sorry I have short fuse for the "Innova player stuckups" (that seems so, so typical nowadays, oh you play Disc-crap, haha)... .....That's a shocker. Does either have a big star stamp on them though?

Rescue said:
I have two "proto" teerex's No name just a #. Say 136 of 200. They were also testing the "new" Star plastic as well. They also have a "new" Boss in Star plastic. They are proto's to see if their new stablizing method works.

PoeticLogic said:
I don't believe that, I know that. Name the last Innova released a prototype? They are first runs, Innova is too stuck up for that, lol. Yes that's right I said too stuck up to release their prototypes, maybe you can say picking.

Discraft does sometimes, Gateway a lot, Innova never seen a prototype Innova disc

Daniel Mowery said:

PoeticLogic said:

Daniel Mowery said:
Donny is full of humidity to the point of stupidity!
I have the same Innova yellow Groove. Like those first & prototype Discrafts :)

Either way I'm sure first run/prototype stamp is what this guy is looking for. So either way they don't put the star stamps on 2nd runs and on.

They should have just kept putting first run on the stamp like Discraft does, but I guess that would be too easy.
Mike said:
Prototype Discraft Nebula, Impact, Zone

First Run Discraft Wasp, Forces'

First Run Innova Eagles "Bar Stamp"

First Run Innova Grooves, Pig, Phenix "Proto Stamp"

Innova First Run "Proto Star" Grooves', Phenix, Pig

Innova First Run Eagles' "Bar Stamp"

Prototype Discraft Nebulas, Impact, Zone

uuummm, Donny must be rubbing off on you, those were all the same pictures except one.

Mike said:
Innova First Run "Proto Star" Grooves', Phenix, Pig

Innova First Run Eagles' "Bar Stamp"

Prototype Discraft Nebulas, Impact, Zone

That's not a prototype. Even Dave D. (the owner of Innova) said "the first run will start on feb. 2nd".

Wow, your out of it. So you type a email to Dave on Innovadiscs.com and ask what came out on Feb. 2nd for the Groove. He will type to you that it was THE FIRST RUN OF THE GROOVE.

So just like I said in a previous message... ..."just because in your head it's a prototype, doesn't mean it is, it's the first run." First run is a mass production, prototype is what they use to try it out before they release it to mass public. You do release this right?

My god I thought you claimed to be a Innova only player

Daniel Mowery said:
the last prototype they released was the groove on february 2nd

PoeticLogic said:

Daniel Mowery said:

PoeticLogic said:

Daniel Mowery said:
I agree they are not prototypes they are first runs. If it were a prototype they would not be mass producing it. It's like when the automotive companies make a prototype car, they make limited numbers for testing. When they start selling them at dealers they are production. Innova Grooves are available at about any disc retailer in the "first run proto stamp", yes they are made in runs (a specific quantity) but they are still a production disc.
Sorry Logic, I deleted that post to eliminate that duplicate image, but you had already responded to it.
Yeah...and the reason they are selling for more now is because they have begun limiting the amount of first runs that sellers can buy. Before that, it was an unlimited amount and that is why the First Run Xcaliber and some others are cheaper than say the first run boss and the first run groove.
There you go, I buy from this guy all the time. I don't hear him saying prototype, I hear him kept saying First Run, go on ebay and you will see over and over for Groove "First Run" not prototype.

LSDiscs/Lars said:
Yeah...and the reason they are selling for more now is because they have begun limiting the amount of first runs that sellers can buy. Before that, it was an unlimited amount and that is why the First Run Xcaliber and some others are cheaper than say the first run boss and the first run groove.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968