www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

playing in my first pdga tourney this weekend. a spyke hyzer tournement. pretty excited and will be nervous as time gets closer. any tips for this newbie?

Views: 204

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started playing last year and have gotten into a few tournaments this year. I think the biggest thing is to have fun. I have thrown some of my career low shots during tournament rounds. I try to focus more on learning something new instead of what I think my score should be at. I think its more about getting acclimated to performing in a tournament atmosphere that is going to help the most.

Home course advantage is always nice.Enjoy your first and all that follow.Good advice from those who posted.Keep hydrated,eat breakfast for nourishment,snack for carbs.Drink beer AFTER to celebrate.

mentally rehearse the round the night before, what discs you might use, check the weather for wind and temperature reports. 

So,one curious mind would like to know how your 1st was.We've all been there,in fact I'm there alot. ;>} lol

Ended up not too bad, 6th overall in rec out of 11, last spot to get a payout.  Messed up a bunch of pars, but overall shot good. Cant wait for the next one, but also good to go play now off the clock and relax!

congrats on your 1st tourney.broke the ice and now it's even more fun/challenging.practice putting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968