www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So my finals are over but im stuck in rolla till friday. Today i kept my self busy with a couple rounds and then some fishing for discs. I went into the pond with some crappy shoes and an old hockey stick. I found 4 discs 2 of which were friends discs and 2 unmarked discs a 150 avenger and a dx valk.
I was wondering if anyone else has done this and have found any good techniques. OR just if anyone has some good stories of saving discs from davey jones' locker

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

there is a guy in are group we call him the DISC HOUND (Garrett Graham) cuz goes in any pond or water u ask him some time you dont even need to ask if he sees it go in he goes after it regardless of what hes wearing that day and another buddy the Water Spider (Matt Swider) carries waders and a landscaping rake to get the discs out he find good stuff all the time and ALL WAYS calls the numbers on all the discs. if he finds them at lakeshore he takes them to ben and ben calhoon returns them to there rightful owner.
you two are completely irresponsible,lol. Mom put a stop to that after the guy got his arm bitten off up here.
AQUAMAN, go and get all the discs no one else can, or will..good work
dude i know what pond you are talking about and i saw you out there evan, i am from rolla and dude i cannot believe you got into that nasty thing, if you happen to find a 175 pro katana or baby blue star destroyer, that would be awesome, anyway you are a braver man than me, if you happen to start mutating from the water i would say don't go back in haha
At wailoa river DGC in Hawaii we force the noobs to fish ALL the wet plastic. It's always windy and 12 of 18 holes are over or beside water. It's hard for a veteran DGer to get through a round without swimming and I've NEVER seen a first time visitor finish dry. Good thing it's Hawaii.

One day Steve Goodwin decided to go walking in the muck for 45 minutes looking for plastic. Keep in mind the park is where Downtown Hilo was until a tsunami took it out in 1960. 30 Minutes after Steve got out his feet started burning from all the heavy metals. He didn't start out very smart but after that day . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I believe in Karma. Just this last week a guy I play with found three discs and I found two at a new course where there is a killer spot for loosing disc. My broke rear-end went in after my disc to find the two in the process. Four out of the five had names and numbers on them. I called my two. One guy had lost his disc awhile ago and said he moved out of state and I could keep it. The second disc owner I am meeting up with Thursday to play around.

I shared that I called on my discs to the guy I was playing with. He had not called and from what I could tell he will never call. Jerk right? So He wanted to play this weekend and brought out those discs to play with. Here comes hole three and he looses the one without a name on it. He is all upset and starts pouting for at least three more holes.

We get to hole 16 now and he steps up and looses another one of his found discs. I helped him search high and low to no avail. He then turns to me and says “I am done you can finish the round if you like but I will walk it from here.” So I turned around to get back to my lie and a see a lost disc stuck in a tree with no name on it. I then proceeded to play out the round taking extra shots to practice along the way.

So moral of the story is if you do right by the person who took the time to write their name on the disc fortune will smile upon you!
Yeah that's my point after I asked the question I went back to call on that disc I found and was not gonna call. If your trying to call me out on something I am sorry but you need to read the whole forum. The guys disc that was out in the open he lost some were else and had graduated. He lives out of state and said to keep it! I text-ed one of the other guys now we are going to play around on Thursday! I am going to call on every disc I find with a number!!!
I did lose a few in the Vista Del Camino lake in Arizona.
i received a call last summer where one of my discs were found in a pond at a course but i didn't lose it in the water, i lost it in some really tall overgrowth and at a completely different course, and different city also. i was extremely grateful for the callback, and yes i still have it today.
I've been called 3 time about the same disc. 3 differen states and still haven't gotten it back since I lost it over a year ago! It was lost on the east side of michigan. Call 1 came from the west side of michigan. Call 2 was from wisconson. Call 3 was from mississippi. My disc has seem more of the country than I have. Lol!
...now that's some road trip.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968