www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So my finals are over but im stuck in rolla till friday. Today i kept my self busy with a couple rounds and then some fishing for discs. I went into the pond with some crappy shoes and an old hockey stick. I found 4 discs 2 of which were friends discs and 2 unmarked discs a 150 avenger and a dx valk.
I was wondering if anyone else has done this and have found any good techniques. OR just if anyone has some good stories of saving discs from davey jones' locker

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is a pond out here that I have gone into a few times to retrieve my discs. Of course I'm not allowed to sleep in my own bed for a few days after. No matter how many showers you take after going in this pond the smell is still there, but I'm not giving up my plastic.
oh i forgot to mention there is a park that is right along a river. THe guy who designed it must be a stoner because he didnt think about the water rising. The course is flooded for half of the year. My brother went swiming in it during low tide and came back with 50+ discs. thats what really got me started in the sport because he gave me 6 or so nice discs.
lol is it call riverbends in grand rapids mi that course is the same way you have to wade out waist deep to get your disc out of a few baskets
Before every round, I walk the water using my polarized glasses and retriever. I use a retractable aluminum ball golf retriever and just removed the plastic cup. They sell them at Wally World for less than $15. I then screwed in an eye hook and sharpened the end to a nice point. Then placed a small piece of plastic tubing over the point.
I've been in many ponds and creeks after tourny's digging out disc before any thiefs do. Most of the time I get about 10 disc and start trying to find owners, and if the nameless I just give them to new players. I think I still got like 3 or 4 disc laying around the house with peoples names but no number, I will find the owner some day lol
there is a guy in are group we call him the DISC HOUND (Garrett Graham) cuz goes in any pond or water u ask him some time you dont even need to ask if he sees it go in he goes after it regardless of what hes wearing that day and another buddy the Water Spider (Matt Swider) carries waders and a landscaping rake to get the discs out he find good stuff all the time and ALL WAYS calls the numbers on all the discs. if he finds them at lakeshore he takes them to ben and ben calhoon returns them to there rightful owner.
the most i have found in a pond was as Lakeshore and a buddy and me found 12 or 14 discs if i can remember right. W were able to get 9 of them back to the ppl that put info on them. I actually got my force that day...lol and a BUZZZ that i traded.
AQUAMAN, go and get all the discs no one else can, or will..good work
dude i know what pond you are talking about and i saw you out there evan, i am from rolla and dude i cannot believe you got into that nasty thing, if you happen to find a 175 pro katana or baby blue star destroyer, that would be awesome, anyway you are a braver man than me, if you happen to start mutating from the water i would say don't go back in haha
btw saw a discraft meteor floating on the water and tried bring the disc in, took my shoes and sox off and when i stepped in the water i started to sink when my foot hit the floor of the lake
At wailoa river DGC in Hawaii we force the noobs to fish ALL the wet plastic. It's always windy and 12 of 18 holes are over or beside water. It's hard for a veteran DGer to get through a round without swimming and I've NEVER seen a first time visitor finish dry. Good thing it's Hawaii.

One day Steve Goodwin decided to go walking in the muck for 45 minutes looking for plastic. Keep in mind the park is where Downtown Hilo was until a tsunami took it out in 1960. 30 Minutes after Steve got out his feet started burning from all the heavy metals. He didn't start out very smart but after that day . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
I did lose a few in the Vista Del Camino lake in Arizona.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968