www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am making a field trip there with no natives. I need a heads up on the conditions, hazards, danger and tips on navigation around. I have never played there but have read the reviews. Thanks in advance.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I havnt been out there in awhile, but i would bet that the pads are sloppy. The course has lots of low lying areas that tend to get muddy. Just be careful going up and down the hills.
Hi Erik, this is Eric, I've played with you before in a couple of tourneys. Anyway, when are you going? Maybe I can meet you there, I've played there many times before. Dave(whom you've also met), Ben, and I played there about three times this winter in the nastiest conditions, so I know some safer shots given poor conditions. Email me or something. Juggernaut12086@hotmail.com
the first time i played there i had a disc go down the ravine on the later of the first nine. it took all my energy and strength to get down and retrieve my disc and get back up. DO NOT GO DOWN THE RAVINE!
take up the offer of the guy who's been there- its tough to find your way for the 1st time even in the summer...
all natural pads likely to be blown over with snow
I'd recommend grand woods as it gets lots more traffic in wintertime
Thanks to all who have commented thus far.
I have played several times at grand woods. I am playing Fitz to prep up for an upcoming tournament. Thanks for the input.

jharrski said:
take up the offer of the guy who's been there- its tough to find your way for the 1st time even in the summer...
all natural pads likely to be blown over with snow
I'd recommend grand woods as it gets lots more traffic in wintertime
Fitz is a fun course, good mix of holes big trees, cliffs, and some fun elevation. Its a work out and can be hard to navigate even if you have been there a couple times. Some times there are scorecards with a lil map in a box on the bulletin board by #1 tee pad. Beware of the tree line on holes 3+4 beyond it there is about 80 ft drop down to a river. There are quite a few holes with out tee signs, and its easy to get turned around there. If your coming up to play soon hit me up on here. I could show you around if you want. Have fun out there its a great course!
seems like all the locals avoid the Fitz during the snowy winter months......perhaps hire a sherpa such as "trevor thorp" to guide ya!!
No kidding, after the reading and the comments I am curious as to how bad it is.

So what's the going rate for Trevor the Sherpa?
Peter Kunoff said:
seems like all the locals avoid the Fitz during the snowy winter months......perhaps hire a sherpa such as "trevor thorp" to guide ya!!
yo man its a great course. if you go let me know its my home course
I haven't play fitz this winter but I did take my daughter sledding on hole 10 last weekend. Hey Juggernaut I found one of your discs out at GW that last warm weekend we had. I gave it to Buff so if you didn't get it back you can call shenanigans on him :-D.
As others have already stated, if your disc goes down the ravine on Hole 3 or 4, DO NOT GO DOWN THE RAVINE!!!

The good news is, you can get to the bottom of the ravine while playing Hole 5. It's a little further to walk but you won't regret the decision.
has anyone played the course recently, like in the last week? i was thinking of trying it tomorrow and would like a heads up if its nasty. thanks

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968