www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know we've talked about this before and it seem to have come down to "it depends on the disc" So I was wondering if any one knew what the answer is to a Roc (Champ plastic). They are all Rancho Rocs and a couple of them are nice and flat. The rest are domey. Sooo which of the two would be more stable? The flat top or the ones with the dome? Since I can't afford to buy both. I need your help on this one.

Thanks and Peace!

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you talking usdgc, it will depend on the year. The flatter ones are more stable. If you let me know what year and stamp I can tell you if it will stable or not, if I have throwen it.
It's the USDGC with the US flags in the center and five sets of stars around it. The dates in the stars are from 1999 to 2004. The other has a circle of "mini" Rocs. Just like your picture. Not sure of the year. The domey ones are. A Champ with ROC across the center with claws coming off the bottom of the words and a SE plastic with the celtic logo on it.
Z wasp.
rescue- the claw stamp is Tribal, 2005. I got one recently.
Not to interfere with your choice, since after all it is your choice, but if it were me, the expected stability of the disc would not be the deciding factor.

You are considering adding a Roc to your collection. If the stability is a factor at all then it must be a disc eventually destined to go in the bag ( a wall hanger hangs equally well no matter the flight characteristics). Rancho Rocs are a pretty consistent model, so the stability range is not all that large. None of them are going to be really flippy or crazy overstable.

So for an experienced player, wherever the exact stability falls in the spectrum won't matter a lot. You can easily learn the disc and adapt to it. And in candy plastic you can expect it to last roughly forever.

So why would dominess matter at all? Because dominess changes how a disc fits in the hand. Some players have clear preferences for flat or domey discs. If you have a clear preference then you should pick it. If you don't then pick the flat top since flat tops are rarer than their domey brothers.

If you are just collecting then the heaviest, flattest and rarest color and hotstamp, signed in indelible blood by every living World Champion would be nice.
I have thrown all expect the ring of rocs. They should all be stable. I did not like the special blend rocs (celtic ) they are not predictable.
Oh I plan on throwing this baby! Since the weights were all about the same and I'll take function over looks any day. It came down to dome or flat top. I use to think that flat top ment it would be more stable than it's domey brother, but it turns out that's not true in todays disc world (Don't even like my domey Eco Wraiths). So I'm just waiting on the paper work on my 2nd mortgage, so I could buy this Roc! lol!! Just kidding, it was only $30.
As for the Wasp. I've tried to like it Ben, but it just didn't do any thing for me.

Thanks Guys! and a Merry New Year!
Nicely said.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968