www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've noticed some people on this page refer to flat top discs verses (I guess) normal discs.  For example someone asked if the dx roc was a flat top?  Do disc manufactures do this, or maybe I'm way off base?  Basically what I am wondering is, do manufactures make a particular disc normally and then some with a flatter top?  Thanks for the input.

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First of all, the Innova Roc is not a flat top disc.  If it is, then it doesn't feel or look as if it is.  The Buzzz on the other hand IS a flat top disc.
The roc is nothing like the Buzzz

Actually I think the Dan Marino Mold is a skin condition similar to jock rash. 

Check with each Disc Manufacturer to see what they say.
The dan marino mold is one of the best, but expect it to choke when the big game is on the line.
the dan marino mold is second all time in yards thrown
Well, not on purpose maybe, but my Champ "Ring of Rocs" is as flat as a Buzzz.

I'm with Mark with his comment on Ching Rocs.  All the Ching Rocs I have are really flat.  I also have several of the FT Rocs.  They are hot stamped, but not full color.  They all had a factory(?) sticker on back that say's FT Roc on it.  From the one's I have the Ching's have all been flatter then any of the FT Rocs. 

Also I refer to some of my discs as flat tops. for example some of my wraiths.  I have noticed that alot of the newer Star molds with Ken Climo on them are very flat.  However these are not labeled as flat tops. 

Some rocs are indeed flat.  They vary a lot in terms of dome.  Generally, I'd say you're right though, the Buzzz tends to be flatter.
You're right about the press, but Innova does use it for select clubs and tournaments (to make them flat-top rocs).  The Springfield  DGC had them last year... maybe they still do.
I'm with you on this.  I think the ones with a slight dome are my favorite.  I HATE the ones that are really domey though.  I'd rather have a flat one than those.
Seen some players with a Flat-Top hair cut !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968