www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've noticed some people on this page refer to flat top discs verses (I guess) normal discs.  For example someone asked if the dx roc was a flat top?  Do disc manufactures do this, or maybe I'm way off base?  Basically what I am wondering is, do manufactures make a particular disc normally and then some with a flatter top?  Thanks for the input.

Views: 416

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes they do, well Rocs any ways, theres diffrent molds from like rancho or dan marino molds, and innova put out the true FLAT-TOP rocs not too long ago
Not so , in regards to ROC's  I believe there was a particular press that applied the multi color stamp which led to the CHING Roc being made flatter than normal. I think alot has to do with the plastics being used in regards to regular discs.
the dan marino mold, now thats got to be a rare disc!
I heard it comes with a pair of Isotoner gloves , laces out !
CHING ROC???
yeah but the dan marino molds are domey...the ranchos are kinda flat....and ontarios are kinda in the middle...mold makes a big difference...and yes the stamp that goes on the disc can also make the disc flat
I have had a domey Katana and a flat top Katana.  I think they adjust the molds after feedback from DGers
No, not usually on purpose. It is usually due to cooling of the plastic, process of the stamp, or people bootlegging them into flatties with water and books.
Flat doesn't equate to more or less overstable across the board, but in rocs, the flatties are more overstable-however, while more overstable, they tend to break in squirrley. Imo, a kc with slight dome is perfect.
Ching stamps were cool and colorful, but the stamp process made them flat.
Trae seems to be a lil confused as the rancho, onterio, and marino are three different discs- different moreso then comparing a wasp and buzzz.
I have several flat top rocs that aren't ching rocs.  I got mine at a couple tourneys last summer.  they are basically innova buzzzes.  That said, they do have a place in a lot of players bags.  I use them for anneys up to 365 or so and tight tunnel shots. I'm not sure on the other discs.
You throw your ROC 365?

Back when Innova did "full color" stamping, the heat press used to flatten out the disc.

The 'Roc" when flattened flew different than a domey disc.

Shame Innova stopped full color discs.

The roc is not a flat top disc.  The X buzzz is a flat top disc, I'm assuming the rest are also.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968