www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've noticed some people on this page refer to flat top discs verses (I guess) normal discs.  For example someone asked if the dx roc was a flat top?  Do disc manufactures do this, or maybe I'm way off base?  Basically what I am wondering is, do manufactures make a particular disc normally and then some with a flatter top?  Thanks for the input.

Views: 401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The "Ring of Rocs" was a full color stamped disc.

It's kinda annoying that there should even be so many questions about molds. Can't Innova control their process any better? 

I learned my game on 'flat tops' and now have to go through hoops if I should have to replace my 11X Firebird or 'old mold' Beasts.  I also notice the new champion Panthers are much domey-er than earlier.

It's almost enough to make me throw Discraft!

Tate N we did not say all ROC's are FT's apparently you have never seen a CHING ROC with the full color stamp process. Take a look at any of the Ring of ROCs , Buddah , Peace sign , Skull and tell me these are not flat tops!
I don't really know about who has what molds, but I do know that how fast the platsic dries or cools... as well as the plastic being used can make the disc flatter on top.
@Brett: I WAS enough to get 4 Discraft discs in my bag. Next to my 11x Firebird and my CE Valk.
*It
Discraft has flat and domey discs as well I have had 3 150 Class Cyclone Pro D  all flat tops but the two 173 Pro D cyclones I had have been domey.
The DX 'Rancho' ROC is flat topped & one of my favorite flyers. Long, super- straight with minimum fade at end of flight. Awesome disc!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968