www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hey there,
OK, I'm a bit confused now (SHOCK!) I've always felt that "flat top" disc's were more overstable than there "domey" conterparts. Example: CE Valks. Flat top and overstable than the current crop of Valks. (unless the mold has changed?) But I've read several quotes in this forum. That seem to state that it is the opposite. That "domey" is more overstable and "flat tops" are less stable.
What say ye?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a question and the answer from "Ask Dave" Dave D. This is from the PDGA Discussion board:

Q: Dave on the 1st run x-out champion plastic bosses, the flatter ones seemed to me to be the far flying less stable more orc like discs. The domey ones being overstable (thought the domey excalibers were the most stable too). With the stabilizing process you got for star producing a more stable disc that has a flatter top i guess i'm confused at which is more stable.. flat or domey top... my domey 1st run star destroyers are all much more stable than the flatter top ones i got ..but the 2nd run ce valkyrie was the most stable run and has a very flat top?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A: All your info is correct but we will not use that stabilizing process for normal Star, only for Champion. Star will come in Echo, when we can, and new Star, which is a different process that produces a wider weight range and a normal stability. So, for future discs, expect the Champion to be more stable and lower profile, and the Star to be a little less stable, grippier, slightly more domey and come in a wider weight range. I don't know what to expect from Echo, but my guess is domey and stable.
Cool, Thank you
From my experience, flat top mid-ranges are more overstable than domey ones.. But I believe with the wide-rimmed fast drivers it is the opposite, flat top=flippy, domey=overstable.
I agree.

Eric Ritchie said:
From my experience, flat top mid-ranges are more overstable than domey ones.. But I believe with the wide-rimmed fast drivers it is the opposite, flat top=flippy, domey=overstable.
Eric Ritchie said:

I have an X out Eco Star Destroyer that is domey and flies super stable.
I've found that my Eco Star Excaliber is domey and I find it being overstable. I have release it with lots of anny to get it to go the distance I want. I'll use it as a predictable skip disc too. It's got a couple abrasions, dings and gouges and it's still overstable for me. It had a *D on the underside of it but I compared it to an Excaliber lip thickness and it matched up. Must have been a mis-marked disc. Still stumps me until someone else mentions the same thing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968