www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

YEsterday i threw my buddy's star teerex brand new into a slight headwind. And as soon as i let go it flipped like my avenger ss. Got on video and i released it flat. I can throw about 350'. Any thoughts of what went wrong?

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The TeeRex has been squirrely in any of it's variations. It's just not a good mold.
Bad mold? I had a brand new Star Teerex that did the same thing about a year ago. I just hucked it into a garbage can. Funny thing is. One of the local sorta pros saw this and snagged it. He offered me a Star Sidewinder for a trade, but after a few throws, he also threw it away. Just your standard Innova screw up. However if you can find a CFR Teerex-X. You will be happy with it.
hmmm do I even have to say it?
I heard there is a difference between teerex and tee-rex. I throw Star Teerex. It is very similar to a Wraith just with a little less turn. I've looked at the Teerex and Tee-rex and the Tee-rex seems to be thicker like a Max. Maybe someone out there can verify or elaborate on this.
I used to throw a teerex. The molds were so different some times that you could easily see that each rim had a different curve on it. This is not to say it is a bad disc, just learning to throw the one you have. If you do not usually flip discs, then I would say it is the disc itself. I used my flippy teerex as a flip-hyzer disc. My flippy tee-rex did usually go farther then any of my other teerex's though.
LOL!! No, but I'll still throw all brands...Having said that. Have you tried any Latitude 64 stuff? Very good discs. The Opto plastic is sick!
Yeah I know what went wrong, they decided to destroy their best disc by changing it. I stopped throwing them when they did that. And on that line of thought- I've tried 3 new star rhynos this week, all 'flippy' or straight with no hyzer or hook. Nothing like my ones from 2 years ago- both beat up from use and they are still more overstable than the brand new ones I just took off the shelf. I need a new overstable one bad but I'm about to empty the shelf at my shop trying to find one..
Try not throwing it flat. If you're a righty-backhander, tilt the outward edge of the disc down, but still with the power of a full-on drive. Figure it out to the point that that understable disc will flip to level, probably still understable as all hell, but you'll have more distance before the flip hits the ground. I don't know if any of that made sense to anyone aside from me. Let me know if it suffices. All I'm saying is that if you can overcome any disc, you can overcome any shot.
Hmmm thanx for the responses will probably through it again tmrw and see how it does with me. I can usually throw a brand new wraith and flip it but kinda interested in this teetex problem with the different mold.
The TeeRex was supposed to be a long Teebird. They just couldn't tweak the Wraith mold to a point where you could get that kind of flight. They tried several times. They got it more stable than a Wraith sometimes, but sacrificed some speed with the blunter nose you mentioned. It's a cheap hack way to stabilize a disc somewhat.
It makes perfect sense, it's called the hyzer flip/flex shot and it's awsome for getting the max D when you need it.
Every mold can get a bad one or two in the bunch. I throw strictly teerexs, and tee-rex's!! Sure, i seem some differences, but that can be weight variances and what not. Plus you threw it into a head wind, maybe it nosed up or over on you. I swear by the teerex!! and Innova

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968