www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

so sunday night im going on a road trip up to Connecticut from here in Clearwater FL and I am going to bring my bag w/ me, I will be about 20 min out from "wikim park" I believe its called, but I was wondering if any of you have any tips on what I should bring w/ me or wear when golfing in the snow, this will be my first time playing in anything below 62 degrees..

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

throw orange ;) , layer up, get disposable hand warmers at a sporting goods store, wear long johns and wool socks, a good winter hat that covers your ears, and read up on the many discussions that have been posted about winter time, also mark ellis is a great rescorce.
Play'in in the snow is great. You don't always get a run up so it will work on you stationary game. 1. Warm socks (tuck your pant legs into them). At the end of the round you'll be glad you did. Make sure you have an extra pair for when your done. 2. Plenty of towels (hang one on you belt, that'll keep at least one somewhat dry. Have a kick-ass time.
throw blue and orange. hand warmers, and dress warm!!! go out and have a blast!!!! playing in the snow is awsome just be prepared to lose some disc maybe.
awsome, throw blue n orange huh? hows bout neon champion toxic green and yellows?
they'll be ok but yellow is kinda hard to see sometimes. green is better. and always look at reference points from where ur disc landed so u can try and find it easier. doesnt seem hard to find but oh they can be though sometimes.

JeremyRogers said:
awsome, throw blue n orange huh? hows bout neon champion toxic green and yellows?
before you play leave your discs outside so they get cold. this way the snow will fall off and not melt on your disc. your discs stay dry and you dont have to carry extra towels.
good ole wickham park. Have fun man New England golf is great surely under estimated!!! Great players great courses.

At all costs try to watch the entry point into the snow, from the entrance point it can and will still go. generally no more then 10 feet, and you can see the trail usually. Use spotters if its a tougher hole, it will help save your plastic

wear layers my friend. Much easier to take things off then it is to add them.

mae sure you are drinking water, most people tend to forget to drink water while they are discing in the snow because its cold out and your not really sweating. Truth is you can still dehydrate snow golfing.
try not to thumber cuz it will disapeer into thw white abis like no other. a normal shot will stay on top when thrown low and flat. but the thumber is guna go strait in. can be hard to find. and the idae with leaving ur discs out over night is a great idea. i do it and it works great.
I put a hand warmer in my throwing hand pocket,use your gloved off hand to pick up your discs.If a disc disappears don't wonder all over looking,sometimes there is only a slit in the snow to show where it is. Leaving your discs out if the temp is below freezing keeps the snow from melting on them. The flatter they land the better chance they have to stay up. If there is fresh snow,and your first to play its easy to find them. Have fun,its -17 here right now.
Jeremy maybe you should play in the BFO Friday. The high is only going to 58. Or maybe the night round on Thursday night the low is going to be 38. I know it not the Northeast but it's colder here than we're use to. The good news for us is when you leave on Sunday the high will be 68. See ya out there. Stay warm!
All I can add is.... Definitely Play Wickham....Great course!!! One of my favorites.
warm boots

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968