www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

so sunday night im going on a road trip up to Connecticut from here in Clearwater FL and I am going to bring my bag w/ me, I will be about 20 min out from "wikim park" I believe its called, but I was wondering if any of you have any tips on what I should bring w/ me or wear when golfing in the snow, this will be my first time playing in anything below 62 degrees..

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just a heads up, Wickham Park is closed from November to April, so it won't be an option for you. And when I say closed, I don't mean the gates are closed and you can still park nearby, walk into the park and throw, I mean they pull the baskets completely. There is no course to play.

I can't personally attest to the quality of any of these courses, but you are better off trying for Panthorn Park in Southington or Cross Farms in Tolland. They're the closest to Hartford (sounds like that's where you're headed) and from what I know, they're playable. If you're willing to drive an hour or so, West Thompson Lake in North Grosvenordale is a good one. Or you can venture into Mass. and play Buffumville Lake in Charlton or the Marshall Street courses (Pyramids & Maple Hill) in Leicester, although Maple Hill is supposedly unplayable at the moment due to ice storm damage.

As for snow suggestions, check out this article with suggestions and tips. Basically, you want to watch every shot closely and carefully, note any landmarks to help find shots, use spotters on every hole, and be patient.
just as we northerners can walk around in tee shirt and shorts in 55 degree temps after several months of winter exposure, you will have to adjust the other way by dressing extra warm because your body is ill-prepared. Multiple layers, a good hat, and good gloves with hand warmers is what I recommend.
WHAT, are you seriouse , the best and closest course in all connecticut is closed right now!, what the heck, that just ruined my day, ...dang . by the way, east hampton is where I'll be, or Moodus
Have a blast,don't bring your fav. discs.then you won't care what cracks(as much)
Don't worry about cracking plastic, that hardly ever happens unless it is a old disc or it hits something just right. I have seen more discs crack in warm weather than in the cold. Just worry about bright neon colors so you don't lose any. Losing a disc is worse than cracking one because you won't even have a souvenir/conversation piece when you're done.
your shot will hit the snow and most the times slide under look for drag marks on top and slices in the snow always watch the landing

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968