www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Wanted to see what you all think on this. But, with Innova coming out with the Champion Blizzard plastic and Vibram committing to bringing out all of their discs in 150 class...and, I will assume for the point of this thread that other companies are doing the same...why the trend to the lighter discs? 

Discuss. 

Views: 796

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Throw it like you would a fairway driver you will see an improvement in them. I throw the 136g destroyer nice and smooth maybe 75% power and it sails past my heavy weights that im crushing.

I have always been a fan of Destroyers in the 165g area, but have to admit that I have a few down even as low as 150g now. They are so easy on the arm that I'm feeling like I could play forever. I also have some light weight 161g Westside Swords, man do they bomb. They are more stable than any of the Blizzards.

I have to echo this advice. I played today and dialed back my arm speed and my Blizzards responded! Much more distance! Got to love em!

I have a Tee Devil and it is a bit overstable and a Katana that I have to release with a lot of hyzer or else it turns over into the ground. Both are 134g.

seconded

Could just be marketing to make more money and expand their customer base.  It is nice to have a 150 bag though, especially for those going to the Japan Open.

Careful with the blizards that have the bubbles in the plate. My friend left his boss in his car in 70 deegree weather and it warped the hell out of the plate ofthe disc.

I think there must be a lot of variability from disc to disc.  My Wraith and TeeDevil were both understable.  Katana was longest and a good stability for no headwind to tailwind conditions.  Boss was overstable and Destroyer was overstable into a headwind. 

Point of caution when going too light weight where distance is the objective. A good analogy is throwing a wiffle ball versus a baseball. You need to find the perfect weight that can be thrown at maximum velocity, this will vary with the individuals arm strength.

YEAH I GET MORE OUT THE light ones if i snap em rather than following through

Lighter discs are easier to throw but are not very consistant. Practice will solve all of this.

Well innova has on their page that David Wiggins Jr just threw a 134g blizzard boss 836 feet breaking the distance record by 16 ft.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968