www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

what are the five WORST/LEAST POPULAR putters out there? I'm thinking the arrow, blowfly, pindragon, birdie, and juju. any others i should consider to be the WORST/LEAST POPULAR?

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Worst and Least Popular are not interchangeable. I putt better with a Blowfly than why ANY form of an Aviar. Blowfly works for some styles, just less common throwing style.
Coupe...
No-one mentioned the 86 Softie yet? Or the 10m Brick? What about that putter that had its PDGA legality revoked, was it the Wheel?
FYI - The Birdie is one of INNOVA's top ten selling discs.

Perhaps you meant least popular with tournament players?
No, the quest Turbo Putt. It has ridges like a really blunt sawblade. I never actually tried one for turbo putting... The wheel was denied pdga approval immediately. I like the idea of the 10m Brick. I tried it though and that edge is too floppy and uncomfortable. If they did a less extreme version of it, they might be on to something. The edge not quite so floppy, but keep the weight in the center. They were right though, if you hit the chains that thing dropped in. Period.
He also said worst, maybe it's going in that category. It really is a good straight flier though and doesn't quite deserve to be in that category. I think the cartoonish graphic and the name turn people off and make it into a joke of a putter. Discraft's very similar disc, the Rattler, sounds much cooler. :-)
I bought one of these because I like the idea of it not rolling. Well it does roll and I cannot throw it. Well I do not like throwing it.

However, my son (19yo) loves throwing it and two of his friends want me to pick them up one at Scheels next time I go to the biiiiiigggg (said with funny mocking accent) town of sioux falls.
I like the Birdie. Does what I want it to do. It was my first putter. I hate the logo on it. I now use an Aviar
The Arrow held the long distance record back in the day, at one piont it was a hot disc to have.
Is this the putter made by Aerobie?
yes it is and I dont use it but ive seen it used by good players for long straight putts. I think whatever putter/style works for you use it!
putting is mostly mental anyways.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968