www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am new to the site and I have seen some discussions about forehand shots and backhand shots from some of yall, and wanted some opinions. I have been forehand dominant ever since I started playing back about four years ago. I can average any where from 350-430 feet depending on the pin location and conditions, and I consider myself very accurate with my forehand. Coming from a baseball background and playing second base, forehands have always felt real natural and pure to me. For the last two weeks I have been considering switching to a more backhand dominant game and pretty much relearn the game and play the way most tour pros do. I am considering this because I want to add a more traditional shot to my game. I hope I'm not making a mistake. I wonder what everyone out there thinks of a guy with a accurate, and predictable forehand shot as too an accurate and predictable backhand?

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah precision is key hit a the top of a basket today all thanks to my forehand accuracy just shoulda been 4 inches lower!
yea, don't switch necessarily, just add to. i ensure that i practice both as much as possible. when i feel i'm getting better with one, i concentrate on the other. i wish i was like my wife, she throws backhand lefty and righty, no need for forehand.
props to your wife then! hah i know i guy that does the same

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968