www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I noticed after throwing forehand a whole bunch, i got a serious case of the tennis elbow... i was only throwing @ 300, w/ 175 plastic, and was begining to turnover alot of shots, it seemed my arm speed was increasing, but so did the pain. Any pointers?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quit throwing forehand immediately. You need to develop the Mark Ellis style of throwing forehand that is safer for the elbow. There is probably an instructional video somewhere. Mark?
I started throwing backhand and my troubles ceased. I was wondering what it was i was doing wrong.

Bruce Brakel said:
Quit throwing forehand immediately. You need to develop the Mark Ellis style of throwing forehand that is safer for the elbow. There is probably an instructional video somewhere. Mark?
it happed to me for a couple of weeks then i started to develop more of a follow through. a little more wrist and a little less arm snap.all i ever get now is a little soreness in my forearm muscles
and not in my joints.
I realize now that my grip was all wrong, i was holding my pointer finger pad against the flight plate, up to the rim, which was causing my palm to be up, limiting my wrist action.

ej white said:
it happed to me for a couple of weeks then i started to develop more of a follow through. a little more wrist and a little less arm snap.all i ever get now is a little soreness in my forearm muscles
and not in my joints.
watch the forehand video on discraft's web site.....keep your elbow next to your body, less arm swing, more wrist/forearm snap....keep practicing once the pain subdsides...
I 've thrown sidearm for twenty + years. I had arm troubles and many other people have also. the solution is different for each case.Starting slow helps throw some 100ft shots then 150 etc. The higher my release, the more stretching I should do first.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968