www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am primarily a backhand thrower and I am trying to learn forehand. What's a good disc to use or got any tips for me?

Views: 475

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

this is a question of how far you want to go?

I can throw any backhand throw as a forehand and I do. So here are my discs that I'm using:

putts & short approaches - Rhyno, P1 Discmania

midrange - buzzz, you can't do nothing wrong with it. tomorrow i'll try a mako and a cobra

drivers - definitely sidewinder and DD2

Alright thanks man

I am a RHBH thrower and started working on Forehand a couple months ago. It has been primarily an Upshot/Approach tool for me cause I can be Very Accurate with it. I now max out at about 270-280ft Forehand. I have been working on it A LOT. 

I Have a Few Favorite Discs thus far. My Star Eagle, Star Leopard (Nice Forehand Flex Shots), Star and Champion Beasts (also Nice Flex Shots, longer) and the Star Teerex. The Teerex is my Longest Forehand Disc and I can Shape it to do anything.

Advice I have been given that is working really well.... Start working on Forehands with Mid Range discs. Helps you learn to shape shots and Control your angles of release. Also keep you ELBOW TUCKED INTO your Body. Reduces arm injury and makes you use your body for rotation. Also, Keep you Palm to the Sky on your Release!! 

Hope this helps! Keep us informed.

i recently bought a champion teebird from innova that shoots a very straight forehand. all it takes is the flick of your wrist to get it out in the fairway

Teebird, Eagle, and PD (aka Teegle). I think too many people start out with something ridiculously stable and throw it like they are a shortstop turning a double play at second. It takes a long time to break bad habits. Uli is one of the best forehand throwers (golf shots) in the game and he uses a worn Wraith. Bradley Williams throws most of his flick shots with an Eagle or beat Destroyer.

Thanks guys this helps me a lot! My drivers I have now are champion groove, esp cyclone, and dx boss. I have been trying the forehand with the groove more. Which one of these disc would be best for the throw?

After much time and an epic fail in the forehanding department, I scrapped my attempts and started over. My best training aids where flippy mids, keeping my elbow in, and learning to be smooth. Gradually moving to faster flippy discs and finally settling on stable to slightly overstable discs along with better form, I have a forehand game.

Aviar P&A

Star San Marino Roc

Eagle

Teebird

Firebird (Utility)

Destroyer (Beat Dx)

Legacy icon Cannon

I go for the most stable nowadays- predators,apes,drones just so they fade hard and dont go to far from the pole. But any flat top driver- wraith, crush and what not, is mean for straight distance when thrown with a little less juice. won a tourny with a pro wraith sidearm.

I like this one....

That's a good video.

Thanks for everyones help.  I have been practicing and getting better at it, I just have to learn how to throw lower to the ground.  The dx Boss has been working better for me than my champion groove

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968