www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

When throwing forehand for a "normal" shot. Not an extreme hyzer, anhyzer.

Do you normally finish flicking your wrist and end: Palm Up, Palm Verical, Palm Down?

Does it matter?

I have watched some videos and haven't been able to come up with an answer.

When practicing I normally put my Middle Finger Pad on the inside lip of the disc. With the Index Finger behind it. Currently I save the forehand for only as needed rescue shot but am working on it.

Thank you for your input.

Tags: Forehand, technique

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After reading the replies and thinking how I have been trying to throw, it has been palm forward.
I get good releases just not much distance.

I will have to try palm up next time to see what happens. It definetly feels different just pratice the arm swing with out the disc palm up.

Thank you for the input, keep the info coming.
I definetly helps. I was throwin out to 300 consistanly and 350 on my best drives.
I think just as important as keeping palm up is to have a short backswing and then a good wrist snap on the foreward swing. The pros can get away with a long or looping backswing, but I don't think the average player should imitate this. Just keep the disc on the target line through delivery and you'll be fine!
I just finished watching the Discraft video by Big Jerm. He said your palm should face up, but in every shot he throws forehand it looks like he rolls his wrist over. It would be interesting to have more slow motion videos.
Just make sure when throwing level , that your wrist is not higher or lower than your shoulder.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968