www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What the article said...

Frisbee Golf Accident Injures Canby Student

A LifeFlight helicopter rushed a Canby middle school student to a hospital Wednesday after a Frisbee golf accident.Canby fire officials said the student at Ackerman Middle School was running during PE class and lost his or her balance. While falling, the student's jaw collided with another student’s knee, officials said.

http://www.kptv.com/news/25213368/detail.html

I cannot wait to see some of the comments below on this piece of work.

Let me begin with: One time in grade school, my knee collided with a kids groin.. but that was before it was called frisbee golf.

Seriously though, the kid is in trouble and prayers go for full recovery.But I also want to put a call into the news station there and ask them to explain how this is related to the game.

Tags: curriculum, frisbee, lesson+plan, motodom.com, safe, teach

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The word 'Golf' has no place in this story.
Its from FOX news what did you expect.
Typical internet reporting....I didn't notice a name on the article...probably an intern or student reporter.
It helps them perpetuate a negative image of 'frisbee' (c) golf that they already had in their minds. Any kid running, like maybe in TRACK or FOOTBALL can get injured.
This is the worst article I've ever read, and thats saying something considering my small town newspaper is pretty horrible. If the kid was running in PE class, how in the hell is that related to disc golf?!
Comments on the original article say that the kids were playing Capture the Flag with a Frisbee.
The person that probably wrote that story, is the kid at the courses that hits every tree and throws his frisbees and screams! So he's just jealous that he doesn't know how to work the "magical" frisbee lol
The problem was that it was Flag Frisbee (think Flag Football).

Solutions to a problem, is that educators need safe Frisbee curriculum. Not a discussion on the need to side-step a new (inappropriate) use of the term "Frisbee 'Golf' " .

So in this terrible new light, if you are an educator who has stumbled across this discussion/forum looking for A SAFE alternative Frisbee lesson plan curriculum, here is one solution for you and your kids.

Course Of DISCovery
Heave H.O.E. Frisbee Lesson

To boot, it uses short segments of a DVD to teach all kids tips on how to throw an original Frisbee straight and far -as a building block for 10 safe lessons, indoors or out. Please keep Frisbee growing in your schools.
I think they're referring to Ultimate, not DG
The "MAN" trying to hold our sport down
Andare,
Could it be that sinister? A right wing? conspiracy to slander the good name of Frisbee Golf?
What's next? "FRISBEE GOLF Causes Cancer!"..?

Actually the truth around here is that the media has bent over backwards to cover our stories and put tons of positive spin on our plate. Tho, they could just as easily jump on the sport, if some poor child was belted by a flying disc, and required emergency surgery or something.. as the story above incorrectly IMPLIES.
Any publicity is good publicity

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968