www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm heading to Myrtle Beach with the family in 2 weeks. love them to death, but i wanna get out and play some disc golf. can anyone give me some directions or course names? or would anyone be up for a round and show me?

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

somebody give a brother a hand....please!
I don't know about Myrtle Beach, but if you are willing to make the drive SC has several World Class Courses. Trophy Lakes and Winthrop Gold are both supposed to be awesome.

type the Myrtle Beach zip code (29572) in to the DG Course Review search box.
only Tupelo Bay pops up and it only has 9 holes. do you have any course names? were are definitely making the drive there are you from the area?
I grew up in the Charleston area and I get back a couple of times a year. Here is a list of some of the 18 hole courses near Myrtle Beach. My brother swears by Trophy Lakes, and would probably be well worth the two hour drive down to Johns Island.

Loris Nature Park 19 miles away
Castle Hayne Park 58 miles away
Luther Britt Park 61 miles away

*Trophy Lakes 105 miles away
thanks i appreciate it. if we take the hybrid i just may make the long drive to Trophy Lakes. i guess i get spoiled where i'm from, i literally have 30+ courses within an hour of where i live. S.C. needs to get some more courses, not just ball courses for the tourists. lol
I'm always a fan of more courses. What part of Ohio are you from? I'm going to be in the Dayton area in October. know of any good courses in that area?
i'm from Dayton, let me know closer to time and i'll show you the better courses around. there are quite a few, all close by.
Tupelo is short, kind of fun, and expensive. It is worth doing to say you did it but thats about it. Unless you are there for the PDGA event where they rent out the whole golf course and make it a nice disc golf event. Other than that, nothing is really too close to Myrtle.
thats what i'm finding out, which of the 18 hole courses are better? it seems there are 2, both about 60 miles away. how much does Tupelo cost anyway? none of our courses are pay to play. if i'm gonna make a day of it, i wanna play the most enjoyable course. it would be nice to maybe play a couple rounds even.
Castle Hayne Park 58 miles away... Is your best choice.. While in MB take hwy 31 north then get on 17N.. It takes out all the beach traffic. I played there for the first time a few weeks ago in their monthly tourney and the course is very cool. But, if you want to drive for 3 hour, you will be in the disc golf capital ... Charlotte NC. You will need three days to play all our courses.. And more to come soon. Definitely worth a day trip.. Tupelo is around $10 for 18.. In that Hybrid $10 will bring you to Charlotte and back.
Its a little expensive and you have to play along with people playing par 3 golf at the same time. If I can remember right, we paid 5 dollars per player (9holes)? Castle Hayne is supposed to be an excellent course as well.
thanx, i think i'll hit up Castle Hayne.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968