www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Am I the only guy who hates playing in groups of 5 and six with slow ass people?  Also, I'm sick and tired of playing with people who smoke pot while they play.  If this happends again I'm quitting the group and playing somewhere else even its a tag match.  Today I was waiting for some friends to join me after doubles and a few people wanted to start a tag match.  Well when i said I was waiting for someone else, they started to make comments because I had a #14 of 75 tag.  Well i can care less, the tag is a souvenir for me more than anything but I didn't want the Club to start to cast me out so I played.  Well this was going so slow with 6 people and I hate that.  Then in the middle of the match an old lady pulls out pot and starts smoking which pisses me off to no end.  I didn't want to disrespect the old lady so i didn't say anything.  Well in the end I ended up with a 53 tag which i don't care.  To put it in perspective, I shot a -7 on the same course yesterday and today it was a Par.  Am I alone in this matter?

Tags: Big, Groups, Slow

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The fact that you started a sentence with a coordinating conjunction and spelled GRAMMAR incorrectly leads me to believe you should not have an opinion. Please do not say you just were trying to be funny. If that is the case, you also failed there.
despite the colorful banter...slow groups still suck.
A. It is illegal.
B. It is against the rules.
C. It falls under the etiquette/ courtesy area.
Besides, much of society does not see this activity in a "good light". For those of us wanting to promote the sport and gain the greater support of the community in general, we need to put forth a good image.
A. I don't break the law.
B. I follow the rules.
C. I don't do it so I can't bother people with it.
Plain and simple. It's creating a bad or worse reputation for the sport. It seems like in some places the courses are being closed. Ours hasn't but I'd bet that it is the reason we have no support for anything disc golf related in the park. And so what if people who started it was pot smokers, I hate the smell and it's illegal so stop it. At the very leaste stop it around people you don't know. What pisses me off is I have played in 1 tourny and 1 league match where it was just taken out like if it was a freakin bottle of water. The blaten disregard for even consequences is astounding to me. Well I tell you this, I'm sure happy that there are people out there that play this sport that agree with me. Both about large groups and pot. I hated cigs, i hated going to eat out with my family and they having to smell it, or having to go to another place that didn't have smokers to avoid it. Well guess what, pot is illegal so I don't have to go soemwhere else to avoid it. I was about to reconsider playing leauge at all ever which would suck, I thought I was alone because NOONE ever mentioned anything about this around here. I thinks it's tolorated way too much. We have a new pres in the club and i will let him know how I feel about this especially at tourny events. I want to have a place to play disc golf in the future and especially have tournys to play in.
Pot heads, go back to hiding it, it's not ok! Big groups, hurry the F up. i got sh!t to do today!!!
like whine on the internet.
I make it clear that I will not play in a six-some for tags. I might do a five-some if it is people I know. I just say I am not going to do it because of the lack of true etiquette and following the rules. People shoot out of turn, walk up on putts etc etc...Just tell the people you will only play in a foursome and that is your personal limit. As for the smoke issue, it has to come from you at the beginning as well. Just tell them the truth. You don't want to play in a group that is going to puff. If you tell them the truth on all accounts you will most likely end up not playing with big, slow puff train groups...
something about you saying you won't do six-somes but you'll do five-somes is funny, dunno why? lol :)
Understandable. but the reason is simple. We all have a limit. If I am at the course and have enough time and it is with players I know have good etiquette, then I will go along and play a bag tag round. If not I would say I don't have time. But as for a six-some I would rather play doubles and therefore it would not be a tag round after all. Myself and many other players I know go directly into doubles when a six-some is looking to play. Otherwise we will break into two three-somes..
nevermind senior, my mind was in the gutter, wasn't referring to disc golf, :)
Its probably best to view playing in situations like that training for tourney's. No I don't mean the pot part obviously, but playing with distractions. If you can view it as mental fortitude training your golden, if not I would just pass on playing with a huge group. Its not that hard to say "I have to go, sorry guys the wife/life/work thing is calling me"
Glad I don't have to play with you debbie downers. Casual rounds are that, casual even if they are for tags. If people puff or drink during a PDGA round they'll get kicked out. So, WHO CARES!? If you shot -7 one day you were hot and Par is not. UH BOO you lost your 14 to some Burnouts.
I think people who want to play with some etiquette and rules involved when it comes to tags are NOT "Debbie Downers" We simply like to play a fair game.

I am always polite and friendly and usually will handle a large group situation by trying to make it fun. Doubles, ript revenge, team skins. Losing a tag in a large group where it's hard to keep track of scores and tee position is not acceptable IMO. People rarely have a score card in these situations. The series tags we play for are associated with big prizes and are important.

One of the reasons I vowed to be strict about this was a round some time ago in a group of six where four of us had tags and two did not. No score card was used. It was the honor system. One of the players with a high tag, who never had or took the tee the entire round was all of the sudden two strokes ahead of me with three holes left??, He had announced score just a few holes back and was behind me, so I was fairly sure about his score and it was more like he was three or four strokes behind. I said, are sure about that? He said he was....

I was relieved that on the next hole he ended up with a bad drive, a +2 meter penalty and ended up with a triple-bogie on the very hole he announced his alleged score. Karma? It became a non-issue because I ended up winning after all. But it really bugged me. I was dreading the confrontation, and was preparing to bring the issue up. Why should we have to put up with stuff like that?

Another reason I hate playing for tags in big groups is walk-offs. A player, who just happens to have a low tag, will suddenly have to leave after their score has tanked. Officially they are supposed to forfeit the tag, but these types usually use the big group situation to their advantage and sneak off quietly. They usually only tell one person as you are walking from one hole to the next, and viola, at the next tee the group is one player lighter!

So today, for the most part, I try to make it clear that if tags are on, I expect the following:
a score card,
good etiquette,
adherence to rules
Foursome preferably (No groups larger than five)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968