www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Am I the only guy who hates playing in groups of 5 and six with slow ass people?  Also, I'm sick and tired of playing with people who smoke pot while they play.  If this happends again I'm quitting the group and playing somewhere else even its a tag match.  Today I was waiting for some friends to join me after doubles and a few people wanted to start a tag match.  Well when i said I was waiting for someone else, they started to make comments because I had a #14 of 75 tag.  Well i can care less, the tag is a souvenir for me more than anything but I didn't want the Club to start to cast me out so I played.  Well this was going so slow with 6 people and I hate that.  Then in the middle of the match an old lady pulls out pot and starts smoking which pisses me off to no end.  I didn't want to disrespect the old lady so i didn't say anything.  Well in the end I ended up with a 53 tag which i don't care.  To put it in perspective, I shot a -7 on the same course yesterday and today it was a Par.  Am I alone in this matter?

Tags: Big, Groups, Slow

Views: 52

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

totally agree.
I hear ya. And there is a little thing called patience. Try working on that and maybe these people wont bring your game down. You can still do tag matches but if there is 6 or 8 of you split in two groups and switch the groups up after nine according to score. Simple solutions to simple problems. BTW, who cares if people smoke herbs, unless they are forcing you to.
I do care about tag numbers, at least to some extent. If I'm not supposed to care because it's only there to promote the club or sport then how is that possible if noone cares about them. These are things that bother me and ultimately eaffect the outcome of the game. Throwing out of turn, foot faults always, falling puts, no score cards, "honor systems"? please. Tough to find a group of 6 or 7 people that you can rely on any honor system with, at least in my experience. At the end of the round in question I don't even know what people's scores ended up being, I had a card for myself and my buddy but after 18 everyone just grabbed up all the tags. The tag deal is competition for me and I want to win, why wouldn;t you? I understand now the perspective of using these slow groups to develope patience. It is actually a great opportunity I see now. But only that portion will be tolorable for me because to be honest, the rest is what it is...cheating. Violations are just a nice way of calling you a cheater. I think some leugue games get too casual but when it's time to divide up the winning, then suddenly people are seriouse. BS I say.
If playing for tags is not a big deal but playing in a large group for tags is a big deal then I think the answer to the frustration is kinda obvious. My question is, what are the rules set forth by the club that maintains the bag tags in the first place? If there are some rules is there anything about group size? Don't have any bag tag rules then check out other DG clubs online.

Large groups tend to be made up of players wanting to play and socialize more than usual at that particular time. Wanting to have a serious round with little to no distractions while playing in a large group can be seen as demanding a little too much which can make others reach their own limits. How many times have any of you met up with some friends that you havn't seen in a while at the course for a round of DG to only have a single player want to join the group that doesn't shut up, has advice for everyone's shot and disc selection, wants to know what everyone is throwing, brags about courses in their home town, talks down local courses while barley getting the disc past 200'? If you can still have fun even when your brain and everything else is telling you that you are not going to then it doesn't matter who you play with.

Use the experience to sharpen the mental game or at least try to implement some rules for bag tag rounds.
lol Boo me for throwing in my ten cents. I like rules and I'm not fond of people cheating either. I take all tag rounds seriously. Psh walk offs
Also... Big groups certainly don't help me but i think its because i cant get into my own personal rhythm.
We have bag tag rules. Mainly it says you will play by the rules and keep score. As far as groups go, it's not a specific rule, but we have a system for breaking up big groups. Just like people have mentioned, you either play dubs, or split into two groups. We random flip to decide the teams or groups. Simple. A five-some is basically the singles play limit.
nevermind senior, my mind was in the gutter, wasn't referring to disc golf, :)
I don't know what the rules are, everytime i ask someone they tell me some other person that might know. It's not on any web site, wasn't on the paper I filled out when I paid $20 bucks for the tag. As of right now I don't even know what happends if you end some time period and have the lowest one. I know people I've played with start loosing and suddenly they already owe the tag to someone else or they left it at home or whatever. I hear about this all the time around here. Really seems like things around here are very poorly organized. I can tell you this, seems almost everything is geared towards someone getting money here. Not anything to help the community eiher. By that I mean the only time you really see poeple is for sunday doubles when it's for cash or handicaps for cash. But i heard them last sunday complaining that we need more people in the league, god lord, what do you expect when all everyone seems to do is try to hustle others out of money. Can I start my own club? Maybe this place needs a fresh start.
Bag Tag rules.

1) If you are at the course and are starting a round any higher bag tag can challenge a lower tag(s).

We generally say tags are always in play. The only exception is when it is stated otherwise prior to the round for a valid reason. Playing doubles, already played and can not play a full round, etc. It is common sense.

2) Play by the rules ie; etiquette, score keeping, courtesy etc.

3) When a player does not finish or refuses a challenge, that player forfeits their tag if it is a lower number than the remaining challengers, and takes the highest tag present.

If you are there to play and suddenly decide you can't play once the #1000 tags presence is announced, that is a forfeit.....

We also honor a persons request not to play multiple games at once, for example skins and tags.
Just went out and played in a group of 7 today. I got there when I usually get there and the only people I really knew were in a group of 6. Here's the thing. We all know how to play ready golf. We played just fine and offered to let a single go through but he declined. There weren't too many people on the course so that was a bonus. As for the tags, I just don't play for them. There is no good system in place to make sure that low tags show up to play. The same group of golfers always seems to vie for the low tags because they want to keep it that way. I would rather play for cash because at the end of the day if I have more moolah in my pocket that actually means something. Tags are what they are, a club promotion. Enjoy them if you want. As for the weed thing who really cares. If you don't want to play with stoners then don't. I do have to say that there is a difference between a group of 7 experienced players and a group of 7 novices.
1 question...how long did it take for 7 players to get around? be honest...=)
I guess that I got there around 1:35, started with them on hole 10 and ended at 2:20. Looks like around 45 minutes for 9 holes. Not the fastest round, but it is winter and there really wasn't many people on the course. Most of us just wanting to be outside and play some disc golf. When I left the folks in the group that stayed ended up playing in a foursome. I probably would have done the same if I would have stayed. At our course it isn't unusual to join up with others during casual rounds or for a warm-up for league. It's all friendly and we would have let anyone through if they asked (nobody asked).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968