www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Well another 3 baskets wandered off at steilly again(Pro 3, pro 4, and pro 6) That's 7 baskets in the past 18 months. THe board of the TPDGPA(Tacoma Disc Golf Players Association) has decided to pull the remaining baskets (all 37) until the 3 stolen baskets are returned. While the baskets are in storage collars will be welded and case hardened locks purchased. $250 bounty has been placed for any info leading to the arrest of these thieving turds. Te sooner we get the baskets back the sooner we get our courses back

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What market is their for stolen baskets?
let your local scrap yards know about this. Baskets are heavy and could bring in a few bucks at a scrap yard. I haul scrap every now and then with a friend and I have seen old mangled baskets ( practice baskets). That's my guess of why some are stolen.
I hope that reward helps you find the assholes that took your pole holes. At my local course we've had 3 baskets stolen as well as every other chain from another 3 baskets.

People have no respect at all. :(
Giving in to thieves??? Why not just outsmart them. There was talk at my local course of pulling holes and this makes no sense. Actually, someone tried stealing basket #2 in Lansing at Grand Woods and the club pulled it 4 months ago and they have not yet replaced it. LAME
Sorry to hear that man that really sucks hard. I dont understand why they think someone is actualy going to return them though. Pulling the remaining baskets only hurts the growth of the sport.
The idea is that hopefully having several hundred angry golfers will help weed out those responsible(assuming the thieves are golfers themselves) The existing baskets will evetually be replaced when security upgrades are made.The bummer is that the clubs improvement fund will have to be used to keep baskets in the ground instead of the new benches and signs that were in the works
Well I hope it works out for you. You guys have an awesome course up there. You also have such a large amount of courses up there. Are you not concerened most of the golfers will just say f---it! I'll just play another course? Also, are the other courses around you having the same problem?
man, that sucks and I am on the other coast. Hate it for you and all the good people in the area. Assholes like this ruin it for everyone. I am wanting to put a 9 hole course on my 1o acres but theft is a big concern. Best of luck finding the pricks!
I heard a similar thing before.
Will it be often that a basket is stolen?
Perhaps it seems that it is the thing of the type that can move.
There was that a metal product was stolen in Japan several years ago plenty.
But there is not the thing that I heard that a basket was stolen.
This is just freakin outrageous!
What the f are these thiefs thinking steilly is my haome course i grew up on, Can you look into shutting the gate @the front @ night. I caant beleive it. I did move from there for a reason (Crime, drugs etc.)
There are over 40,000 baskets installed.

We hear about every basket that is stolen. It happens once per week?

It will not be often that any specific basket is stolen.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968