www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I remembered reading not to long ago about a program that is willing to put up half of the funding for a discgolf course done for a college campus.  I have looked and looked and can't find it again.  I am here in Tallahassee, FL.  Florida State had planned on putting in a course at their new IM fields.  Then funding was halted...which could be a good thing for the club players here.  It would require you to be a student only.  I am trying to find a way the local club here can help out with getting the course put it and where they would allow the club members to play it.  The layout is absolutely amazing looking.  Could be the best course in town if it gets put it.  So does anyone else know of this program I am talking about???? and if you do please tell me about it!!!!  It would be a wonderful edition to our area.

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

E.D.G.E.
what I read about was not E.D.G.E cause that was the first thing I thought about. Contacting them wouldn't hurt either though. Thnks
Innova and DiscGolfU is what it is.
It iis called the "College Matching Baskets Program" and is supported by the Disc Golf Foundation.

http://www.discgolffoundation.net/baskets.html
Thank you...that is it. DGF...matching program. I remember seeing something about it and I think we would be a perfect canidate for it. Plus if the club here helps out I am hoping we will get to use it as well.
oh ok yeah, I guess Innova just has the agreement with them.
Talk to my dad, site Admin. Terry the Pirate Calhoun. He helps determine the bids on the matching basket program.
Yes, it is the Matching Baskets Program of the Disc Golf Foundation (DGF), which was spun out of the PDGA earlier in this decade. Discraft, Innova, and the DGA are sponsors of this program, which can award up to six matching basket grants a year. I agreed to manage that program a little over a year ago.

This website - http://sites.google.com/site/discgolffoundation/ - is a new site that I am working on for the the DGF. It has the latest information and forms to download.

Another feature of the DGF is that, as a 501(c)(3) official charitable organization, it can accept tax deductible donations from your local course development supporters and then write checks for supplies and other things for your courses on behalf of your efforts. That lets clubs without the resources to file for 501(c)(3) able to use that function and get deductions for their big contributors.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968