www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I'm on XBox Live playing my favorite game and chatting with the other players when I mention that I'm a professional Disc Golfer. They thought that was the FUNNIEST THING EVER and swore that there is in no way "pro frisbee golf". So I spent the next 15 minutes of the match explaining it to them and STILL they swear that I am lying and there isn't such a thing as "Pro" Disc Golf.

When will the whole world know about our sport? How much of the public already knows? 5%? 10%?

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I disagree, simply for this reason alone... There are sponsored Am players who have a ton of potential Like David Wiggins Jr (Innova), Greyson Dewey of IL (Paragon Apparel) or Kyle Chapman of IL (Essential Discs) and I know Fade Gear and Gateway sponsor a few also. Most of the sponsored Pros you meet are pretty cool and have not only skills but a love for the game, are interested in growing the game, and interested in helping players grow (even if it is for money sometimes). However, I have seen NON-PDGA members play in C and B tier tournaments and compete on the same level as Geoff Bennett, Mike Henry, and Chris Sprague. They can consider themselves Pro-Disc golfers as they play for money and have top skills even through they are not in the PDGA. Likewise there are many Professionals not receiving the recognition they should like Issac Chaney #38123 of NC. Also does it matter who sponsors you? does it have to be a big name with a big contract? Or is a small company work too?
Whenever someone doesn't believe that disc golf is a sport or laughs at the idea of it having a professional circuit, I like to remind them of all the dumb crap that is a sport or has a professional circuit (bowling, poker, darts, ping pong, chess,... you get where I'm going with this.)
Now , now. Don't be hating on other sports or you'll just be in the same group as the ones who diss ours.
I am a better Dart Player than a Disc Golfer...
There is more $$$ in Darts though.
And organized events almost every night.
I shred the Dart Tournaments and it has made me an awesome Turbo putter too!
Cricket with 2 top players is awesome...I can stick a fly to the wall with my steel tips.

To true. I'm just a little jaded by what stuff makes it on ESPN and not disc golf.
Tara Re',member on this site,is the woman and won big on WOF.
Shame you didn't pay attention to her name.Tara Re' is a memeber of this site and won big
I hear ya. It's all about ratings though. I mean I can sit and watch Curling for days! IMO The problem with our game. Is that the majority would rather play than watch it. What other sport can an am end up playing with a pro on the first day of a tournament. I think with time, you will see it on TV. Maybe not ESPN, but maybe the like of VS. or Comcast local sports. Heck even youtube is getting into tellacasting. I guess they aired a cricket match on their site. But judging by the HUGE increas in people I've seen out at the courses, it's will happen more sooner than later.
I was inside playing video games at 10pm. That was about an hour after I got done palying 2.5 rounds at Robert Morris and then coming home and playing the front 9 at the course at my house... thank you very much.
He wasn't knocking you for playing video games, he was saying the alot of people on video games don't really know of sports like Disc golf because it isn't on T.V.
Dont you two live together? Couldn't you have just explained it to him in person?
No I left home for a while, gonna watch the RED WINGS game with Brian and Christina

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968