www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is a discussion section where you can tell us about a funny disc golf moment that happened to you or a funny disc golf moment that you witnessed. We know you have a funny story to tell so let us have it. I am sure we could use a good laugh here and there and this is the place to get it.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since I started this Discussion I suppose I will start off with the first story. This particular story happened in Charlotte, NC at Renaissance Park. I met up with 4 other friends to play two courses for the day. I started off the morning with a special brownie. We were on hole #11 which is 1000+ pimarily open hole with some small pine trees on the left and right. After everyone drove we then made our walk to make our 2nd shots. Well I watched everyone else throw and then started walking up to make our 3rd shot. The only thing was that I could not find my disc. So the 4 of us are looking and it is no where to be found. So someone asked how the shot worked out. I said that it was a a great shot. Then they asked "Do you remember these trees?". I didn't recall those trees but I was sure it went around them and should have been in the middle of the fairway. So the others were looking in the trees and such. Well after 5 minutes I gave up and then said that I would go and throw from my previous lie. As I was walking back, to my previous lie, I recalled being mad that I lost a disc and was going to lose a stroke. Once I reached, the previous lie, I realized I had never thrown my 2nd shot. I had only visualized it. I still get ragged about it to this day, but thats ok.
Wow... I'm glad for your sake you can blame that on the special brownie.

I usually throw by myself so I don't have too many funny stories.
Funniest thing (for other people witnessing it) was two weeks ago during a casual round. I had a two-foot gimme putt, but I was annoyed with how I had been playing, so I walked up and tried to slam my putter into the chains. I missed everything and ended up with a 15-footer return, which I then concentrated on and sunk, but it was the perfect ending to a bad round! One of the other guys commented that it was the shortest missed putt he had ever seen!
Hootie said:
Funniest thing (for other people witnessing it) was two weeks ago during a casual round. I had a two-foot gimme putt, but I was annoyed with how I had been playing, so I walked up and tried to slam my putter into the chains. I missed everything and ended up with a 15-footer return, which I then concentrated on and sunk, but it was the perfect ending to a bad round! One of the other guys commented that it was the shortest missed putt he had ever seen!

It can be amusing, if you witness it, or painful if it happens to you. But making a second putt, that is longer than your first is always mind bogging.
Chad Knight said:
Hootie said:

It can be amusing, if you witness it, or painful if it happens to you. But making a second putt, that is longer than your first is always mind bogging.

lmao.... Par putts are just easier then birdie putts, even if they're further away. Strange phenomena but it seems to be true in most cases lol

So funny disc golf moments, how about a black ace? even better it was hit during a doubles round with 7 other people to pay up. I still laugh about the look on his face as we were ALL rotfloao after it hit.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968