www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just picked up a SSS Voodoo, can't complain, just nailed some long birdies with it over the past week, got what i was looking for, but i originally intended to get a SSS Magic.  I'm not sure if i'm going to now, but somewhere along the way, my curiousity will get the best of me i'm sure.

Which do you throw and do you use multiple molds of putters?

Tags: Bowfly, Gateway, Magic, Putters, Voodoo, Wizard

Views: 332

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SSS Wizard, won it but rarely use it.
I have an entire case of wizards in all different plastics but I think it just depends on the shot. For headwinds and inside the circle (or off the tee if the hole is short enough) I don't hesitate to grab my organic wizards. However, I think Magic's are awesome for straight shots or for me personally, anhyzer shots.
I love my Magics and Wizards! I carry 2 Magics, 1 S and 1 SS, as well as 1 S Wizard. I use them primarily for short drives and upshots. The Magic is an incredibly straight disc, and is a staple in my bag. The Wizard is a good, overstable putter that can handle a bit more spin or headwind without rolling over. Overall, I really do love Gateway's putters, and I'm leaning closer to adopting the Magic as my primary putter every day.
a bologna colored Soft Wizard is my go to putter--and I carry a Soft Magic for putts that need to travel left to right...but I have a Evolution Voodoo on its way--im excited to see what it can do...
I find it amazing that sooooo many people use these putters. I have never even seen one in person. I just might have to purchase a couple online to see what the hype is about.
Wizard,Magic,banger GT,Aviar.Recent tourney noticed that the "ION" was a chain grabber.
I <3 my black wizard
I've gone back to using a SSS Chalk Wizard as my backup putter. It's mainly used on VERY windy days or long upshot disc. I've found that my putting has gotten way better after switching to a neutral putter (APX swirl). I don't have to worry about the disc hyzering out on long shots. I've also tried the Voodoo and Warlock. Neither did anything for me. The Voodoo is too bulky for my taste and the Warlock is just a beadless Wizard, if I remember correctly. If I had a gripe about Gateway putters. Is the plastic is not very consistant. When I swore by the Wizard. I would have to go to the local pro shop, because you may order a SSS and it was more like a S Wizard..and so on and so on. The plastic was all over the place!
I throw a soft Wizard...

...except is says soft Focus on it...

...Weird
ok, had my best round of putting ever yesterday in our Draw Doubles League. I hit the target 100% of the time during the round on my 2nd stroke. if i didn't sink it, it at least hit the chains or basket. i drained a 65footer jump putt, 2 45 footers and several 35 footers, also several under 25ft, all with my Voodoo. we shot 12 under. confidence is so damn key with putting. i hope this is the beginning of something, not a fluke hot putting round. 2 weeks with the Voodoo, i'm loving it!!!
All of them actually, i never met a gateway putter- approach disc i didn't like. even the element which is touted as a midrange makes a good approach disc/putter, right now its a wizard ss 165 gm for putting on calm days.
i use a S Wizard and a SS Voo-Doo, just got a S ION and am loving it!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968