www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im going to buy a couple of putters today was thinking wizard and the magic I would like to here what people think If you bought one and didnt like it please list what you use to putt

Views: 415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love wizards however when the magic came out I made the switch. I like it better but I can't throw hard or it will turn right over. The wizard is better for that 100-150 shot I think. SSS is what I like the best for putting. I hope this helps.
i like them both. i think of the wizard as a straight puter and the magic as understable
I would rather throw a voodoo then either, flys like wizard with smaller bead. I like the Wizard also, Magic is too understable and feels like a brick.

Love my SS wizard for putting & approach shots. It holds a nice line. Came from Aviar P & A.
I used a Magnet for the first year that I played and loved it, I swore I would never use another...Until I tried my SSS Warlock. It is essentially a Wizard without the bead, and it comes out of my hand clean every time. I don't believe that I could ever replace this disc in my bag.

I personally don't like the way the Magic or Voodoo comes out of my hand for putting; however, I love to throw a Voodoo, they're nice and stable. My wife LOVES her SSS first run Voodoo and putts really well with it, she throws an E Voodoo for short straight upshots and does great. Magics are indeed less stable, and not for me, but I will say that some of the best players I know putt with the Magic. I really think when making a decision like this, you should try em all and go with what feels best for your game. In my opinion, Gateway putters are the best. Tried ALOT of different putters and none have compared. Hope this helps.

Off to St Louis tonight for two C-tiers this weekend, we'll definately be stopping at the Gateway store. Probably gonna buy a new backup putter : )
thanks everyone (sounds good mark) mabee I should just get one of each putter they make
I just bought a wizard about a week ago to try out. I had been using a jk aviar which had been doing well for me, but it just didn't feel right in my hand. The wizard took some getting used to since it has a harder fade than I'm used to, but I get a really consistent release with it. I even had an ace run on a 280' hole with it the other day.
i like voodoos. i like wizards better. i love warlocks.
magic or wizard ? split the difference and go warlock. still can't decide? buy one of each.i use a clear evo wizard for ups a soft magic for all putts and anny ups and watch my little brother slay them all with a ss warlock i backed my car over when he left his bag in my driveway
been throwin couple super soft wizards for month or two now and i love them. i really can get some reliable distance and accuracy from tee or upshots up to 250'- 275'. the grip of these ss wizards is awesome for this. i do fear that i will have to graduate to softs or mediums for the hot texas summer for putting though. the ss's will prolly be too gummy in the heat.
I threw a set of 175g black Magics, they did fly like bricks but in a way I liked, not very flippy for me at all, the major problem I found was the way they beat , they develope lumps and waves and dents , and are black obv.
I throw all approaches and putts with a SS Wizard and love them! I also like the Warlock too!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968