www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im going to buy a couple of putters today was thinking wizard and the magic I would like to here what people think If you bought one and didnt like it please list what you use to putt

Views: 412

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

help me understand this I always thought softer ment less bounce outs (softer sticks to the chains) why would you use a sss if you get more bounce outs did you word it wrong did I read it wrong by the way I hit about a 50 footer in the wind with the wizard yesterday still tring to decide witch one to stick with. wow I even got two putts info (tulsa's dg wiseman) much appreciated tulsa is a dg mecca

Smokey said:
The Magic is my primary putter. The Wizard is a staple in the DG community. I use it on windy days. I use the Voodoo as a approach putter because it is slightly less stable than the Wizard. I use the SSS for putting and E for my approach putters. You can't go wrong using any Gateway putters. Oh, and the softer your putters, the more bounce outs you will get. It is the spring and energy transfer issue that you are dealing with. To remedy this, don't order any putters softer than soft. On the other hand though, the softer the putter the easier it is to throw consistantly. LOL. so many choices.
No, its not wrong. The softer discs do grab chains better, but because they flex more they tend to hit the chains stall for a second and then procede to kick back after flexing. This is rarely a problem closer in, but it is common from outside of 25 feet due to the velocity of the disc as it hits the chains.

It is actually both. I like the SSS because it is soft and grippy, but I have more kick outs with the SSS when throwing from outside of 30 ft. I use an E Voodoo from outside of 60 ft. to make sure I hit the chains solidly.

By the way Mark, after playing this weekend, I may actually to head up there to play some of those big tourneys. I have been on fire.
I know some who swear by the Wizard SSS putter. Super Stupid Soft. Very floppy and stiff at the same time. Works well as a driver on short holes and slides well along ground on up shots. The more you use it the better it gets.
K.
I have noticed similar things to this. Pole + Soft = Bad combination but Chains + stiff = bad combination. If you hit the pole with a stiff putter it tends to stick but soft ones tend to flex and shoot back out, However stiff ones hitting chains tend to go through or kick off them hard where as soft ones seem to absorb into the chains.

Therefore Chain putters uses Soft dead on straight putters use something stiffer!

P.S. The Voodoo is still not approved!

Smokey said:
No, its not wrong. The softer discs do grab chains better, but because they flex more they tend to hit the chains stall for a second and then procede to kick back after flexing. This is rarely a problem closer in, but it is common from outside of 25 feet due to the velocity of the disc as it hits the chains.

It is actually both. I like the SSS because it is soft and grippy, but I have more kick outs with the SSS when throwing from outside of 30 ft. I use an E Voodoo from outside of 60 ft. to make sure I hit the chains solidly.

By the way Mark, after playing this weekend, I may actually to head up there to play some of those big tourneys. I have been on fire.
super stupid soft WARLOCKS are the shizzznit
I know that Voodoo's are technically not approved, but I am not playing any PDGA events right now. It will be approved before my first PDGA tourney.
Smokey said:
I know that Voodoo's are technically not approved, but I am not playing any PDGA events right now. It will be approved before my first PDGA tourney.

Same here ... I know Dave is on it.
Yeah, That is why I said technically. You gotta love politics.
I find it hilarious on Thurday Brian Graham decided to release a tech. standards alert about the Voodoo not being PDGA approved. Are they being serious here? I guess Disc Golf has now become more about the money and the politics than the game.
Jordan smith said:
thanks everyone (sounds good mark) mabee I should just get one of each putter they make

You'll do better to buy 3 of the exact same disc. Same weight, same color. Practice with them and learn them. It doesn't really matter what you use, as long as you learn it. You'll adjust to that disc, if you have one of each, you'll take much longer to figure them out. Trust me, I bought a 5 pack of blue 172 wizards and its helped my putting game a ton.
Do you have a link to this info?

Smokey said:
I find it hilarious on Thurday Brian Graham decided to release a tech. standards alert about the Voodoo not being PDGA approved. Are they being serious here? I guess Disc Golf has now become more about the money and the politics than the game.
I like throwing with my new wizard, its a straight throwing putter and it feels good in my hand.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968