www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know these discs are old school and wanted to hear more about them from people that have had success and those that have thrown both.  I'd like to hear about comparisons... similarities and differences.  

I'm trying to decide on a control fairway driver and appears that it has come to down these two.  I really love the Gazelle but I wish it was made in more than DX...I know there are CFRs, but I'm talking about production.  I haven't had any experience with the Cyclone and I just bought a D version to try it out.  I hear that the Gazelle and Cyclone are very near the same.  One thing I've noticed is that the Cyclone is larger in diameter, but feels somewhat similar to a Gazelle when in my hand.  The diameter thing has me thinking as you get less RPMs with the same power.  Thanks for the input!

Tags: Cyclone, Gazelle

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cyclones used to vary in stability by color,its been a decade for me is that still true? The green ones were more stable than Gazelles.when they put that big bead on Gazelles I stoped using them.I used the original beadless Gazelle for rollers and big turns until I beat up a roadrunner just right.
I figured a lot of the old school guys would have a lot to say on this topic
I didn't get a cyclone for a while because I didn't think I needed one. Then being the junkie I am...I bought one. I love it. I can't say anything about the Gazelle but the Cyclone is a great disc for me. Controlled anny drives are great with the disc. I also use it for those long narrow holes. The disc will go straight for quite a while. I have the ESP plastic. I want to pick one up in the Z plastic soon. Other disc that are similar(Discraft at least) are the Stalker, XL, Impact. Longer straight drivers.
Cyclone is the sick stuff. Stupid if you don't have one in your bag. Gazelle= good disc too, I throw my cfr glow one for my glow rounds ( especially after losing my fav. cyclone Wednesday during glow, 15$ reward btw).
And I've got a handful of new Z-Cyclones (discontinued) if you're interested.
I used a cyclone for a little while. They have a straight flight and are very consistant but nothing will ever separate me from my stalker. It is absolutely my favourite driver ever. You can use it for anything its sort of like a longer cyclone. Mine is a first run is just breaking in and trust it more then any disc in my bag other than my banger. i really liked my esp stalker for easy turnovers and i hope those go into regular production. Anything 350-390 the stalkers always got you're back. I've never thrown i gazelle. I have been wanting to get an esp cyclone for some time but everytime i pick one up it just reminds me how much i love my stalker.
I used to have a Gazelle in my bag, but I bumped up to the Teebird, TL, and Eagle. It was a nice straight disc with a good deal of hyzer at the end of flight. It could also take a good deal of snap and wind (for me, but I throw around 310 to 330). Not a fan of the Cyclone, but I also don't care to much for large diameter discs. You might want to give ebay a try. That's were I found my Pro-Line (champ) Gazelle's, but this was a few years ago. I also can't recall if they had a bead on them.
Look closely, the Stalker is basically a Cyclone SS, as the APX is basically a Magnet SS.
Thats wierd. I just havent found a place in my bag where the cyclone fits. I can get my wasp anywherewhen my stalker is too long.
I hear this wasn't a very good disc and even people from Discraft were a little confused on it's outcome.
Overstable, minimal glide, often too domey/bad grip. Not a good or popular version, hence how I have 10 of them.
I still have a couple of the Originals !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968