www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I know these discs are old school and wanted to hear more about them from people that have had success and those that have thrown both.  I'd like to hear about comparisons... similarities and differences.  

I'm trying to decide on a control fairway driver and appears that it has come to down these two.  I really love the Gazelle but I wish it was made in more than DX...I know there are CFRs, but I'm talking about production.  I haven't had any experience with the Cyclone and I just bought a D version to try it out.  I hear that the Gazelle and Cyclone are very near the same.  One thing I've noticed is that the Cyclone is larger in diameter, but feels somewhat similar to a Gazelle when in my hand.  The diameter thing has me thinking as you get less RPMs with the same power.  Thanks for the input!

Tags: Cyclone, Gazelle

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

z cyclone
This one is Cool !!!

These ones are really fast !!!!

In case anyone stumbles on this discussion...my wife and I throw both ESP Cyclones and KC Pro 11X Gazelles.

The KC Pro 11X Gazelle is an awesome disc made with the best plastic ever formulated by any disc company, ever. But they're expensive.

The ESP Cyclones come in 2 varieties:

1) Flexy/domey-top/tacky feel

2) Rigid/flat-top/smooth feel

The 1st kind are like the old school cyclones, somewhat over-stable but sensitive to the cleanliness of your release (i.e., wobble is bad). The 2nd kind are money and are more comparable to CE Eagles, they turn just a tick out of your hand, hold an ultra-straight high speed flight, and then hyzer out over-stably at low speed. All of them have wonderful glide.

The Cyclone is an inherently longer disc than the Gazelle, and has better glide. But like I said, the KC Pro 11X Gazelles are seriously the most awesome ever made, so if you can get your hands on some, and cost isn't an object...go for those!

I would first say that Lat64 Opto plastic is pretty damn sweet.

I have thrown both, and your descriptions are pretty spot on. I enjoy the extra glide and the ability to power up or down with the Cyclone. The only problem is a a disc called the Warship. Westide makes a mid that powers up and down so well that it can cover both the shots of the Gazzelle and the Cyclone. Powered down it still has the ability to shape lines and powered up it is sneeky sneeky long with tons of glide. It also comes in VIP (OPTO) plastic which makes it virtually indistructable.

But you really can't g wrong with any of these discs.

I threw the Cyclone for quite awhile. Never thrown a Gazelle.... 

The ESP Cyclone was my Bread and Butter for a LONG time, until I found a Nice, Stable Leopard..... :)

Found a kc pro gazelle and am excited to throw it. I wanted a nice stable 6 speed fairway driver but didn't want to get the gazelle in dx plastic which is really all I could find. I settled on the warship and have been pleasantly surprised. Not sure the gazelle will have a spot in my bag but its so pretty I might try to squeeze it in. ;)

maybe you shouldn't of sold me your spare glow cyclone... :P no you cant have this one back! Lol!

Do you work for Westside? ;-)

I have to try the Warship. Thanks for the tip. Barsby was also talking it up, along with the Sword.

Add me to the recommendations for the warship. Straight flyer w lots of glide. Love it!!

How does the Warship compare to the Gazelle and Cyclone?  I've been hearing more and more about this Warship and I'm liking what I hear, so far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968