www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Does anyone geocache? I enjoy disc golf and have become addicted to geocaching. I was thinking about putting a cache on our local course and wondered if there are any other disc golfers who enjoy both hobbies. It would be nice to be able to play a new course and find a cache as well. I thought about maybe having a mini marker exchange or something. If you geocache or have any suggestions let me know!

Tags: Disc, Geocaching, golf, travel

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

at one of our loacl parks, inside the pole of the basket is the cache. Theres a thing to sign inside one of those magnetic key hiders
I watched a segment about this while waiting for a plain in Germany, I thought it was pretty cool and looked like fun
yeah, found several at different parks when going to play DG
There is a cache on one of our courses. Only know this because a friend stumbled upon it by accident and brought it out of the woods. So I explained to him what it was and made sure ihe put it back. He liked the container it was in. But last I knew it was still there.
I was thinking about having some mini to exchange there. Take a mini... Leave a mini. Anyone up for that? What are some of the coolest caches you've found? What would you like to see in a disc golf cache?
What is a geocaching?
A geocache is like buried treasure, people hide things in a container that withstand the element's for other people to find, it's like a time capsule where people put things in it and give you the gps cordance and then you go look for it using a gps system, there's a website you can go to too track stuff all over the world...kinda cool if you ask me. When you find it you can take one item and put another item back in it place, theres also a book to sign that basically you put your name and date that you found the cache
Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment.

Straight from the website.

People hide things and post the GPS coordinates on the internet for you to find. So when I go places I can play disc golf and find a treasure as well. Ok not treasure, but it is still fun to find hidden things. Sometimes people trade items or coins. I thought, why not have something to trade for disc golfers like a mini? You leave a mini and take a different mini.
I do both and love it, there are thousands of caches all over the world. Any time I travel anywhere I make sure I get a few. There is one at my home course Park Circle. The fun part is getting to the cache with out anyone seeing you and giving away the location. This is a great activity to do with children, there is nothing like watching them run around with a GPS in their hand.
Does the idea of a bunch of people walking around on an active fairway looking down at their GPS units bother anyone else?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968