www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am debating on selling some of my discs, but the dilemma is that I dont want my number floating all over the place. Would any one on know of someting good that will get the marker off?

nail polish remover is my best guess so far

Thanks

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

paint thinner
Discs are porous. Over time marker soaks in and will not come off by any method I know except fading from age. The marker on the surface can be taken off by solvents like acetone or Goof-Off. Some players believe the solvents are very dangerous so use gloves, ventilate the room, send the kids away for the weekend, read the instructions, etc..

I'm not sure I understand the danger of your # floating all over the place.
mark ellis said:
I'm not sure I understand the danger of your # floating all over the place.
not unless there is some evil disc golf telemarketer lurking out there...just black it out
I agree with camera guy. Just take a black marker and black it out. It looks like do do but it doesn't affect the disc flight.
you could grind off the # with a grinder, then use some Bondo to fill it in. Then sand it down so it's nice and even :)

Muahahahaha!!
Dude, just change your PDGA #.
use some finger nail polish remover to lighten it up, then scribble sharpie over it. Of course this will bring you less money from a buyer or trader, but the only other option is to keep it for yourself. Just think, you could sell it, someone loose it and someone find it, call you and get your disc back to sell again. Thats a stimulus plan right there!
just send the disc to me...I promise ill never call you!

And by the way Mark is right AGAIN!
Just add a note at the bottom that reads, don't call after 8pm. LOL!

Any used disc is going to bring considerably less money anyway, reguardless of ink on it or not. I had a guy call me that found one of my discs in Arizona. I have never been there playing DG, is the funny thing. It's kind of cool to know it traveled there somehow. I never found it after I threw it for the last time, maybe I set a new distance record and didn't know it. Just scribble it out.
with past experiences i have actually had quite a few people call me back....... ya it was 2 in the morning and the individuals were hammered just hollering things into the phone.

so reasons like that is why i want my number of my discs
Like you're just going to start receiving calls because the person who has your disc is bored?
Hey Cory I feel you pain on the 2am phone calls. I have used acetone to remove phone numbers on disc that I have bought from other people and from disc that I have sold to other people but it only works if the ink is on the surface of the plastic and not soaked in. One caution is that when you use the acetone done use to much and be careful around the hot stamp as it will take the stamp completely off. The second method that I know of is a lot more harsh but will remove ink that has soaked into the disc, but it will take a bit of skill. Spray bug spray on a rage, and polish off the name, the higher the deet content the better. Be very careful with this method because the deet reacts with the disc and can actually melt the disc, but it will take off any mark on the disc no matter how deep in the plastic it is. You may have to do this several times and make sure that you rinse the disc with soap and water after words or it will make your disc look cloudy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968