www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hello, Does anyone know a safe & easy way to remove sharpie from CE type plastic? It seems that even though slick to the touch this type of plastic must be quite porous, therefore absorbing more of the ink. So far I've tried Acetone, Isopropyl alcohol (not the kind you drink), carburetor cleaner, Goof Off, laquer thinner, paint thinner, & Bix Stripper. None of these remove all of the ink. If anyone knows of a product that works I would be MOST appreciative. Thank you, Dendog ;>}

Tags: HELP!!!

Views: 568

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

hey now,have you tried the magic stick by Mr Clean.They have some with a detergent base,others are just plain based.Targets brand is also another source.Some old fashioned elbow grease is a must, a faint mark is left.Good luck
Hawkins said:
Its not coming off Can you wash a tattoo ? it there forever
Thanks, most helpful!
I've never had any luck getting it all off ... just faded enough so it doesn't confuse someone who might find it ... and you can read my name/number/PDGA#. Basically, I don't throw those discs where i might loose one.

Good luck!
mr ed said:
hey now,have you tried the magic stick by Mr Clean.They have some with a detergent base,others are just plain based.Targets brand is also another source.Some old fashioned elbow grease is a must, a faint mark is left.Good luck
Thanks, I'll give those a try. I already know about the elbow grease part, I have made blisters rubbing on some of these stubborn markings! Peace, Dendog ;>}
no way will you get all that sharpie off. impossible as far as i can imagine. the ink is in the plastic. give up now.
I think that some..uh..acitone will work?

It takes spray paint off of discs
it really depends on how long the sharpie has been on the disc. If it's been there for awhile, you will never get it fully gone.

good luck
The squids use bug spray and if the sharpie has not dyed the plastic, it will come off.
Give those discs back to the people with their name on them!
Goo Gone, (not to be confused with Goof Off) works wonders if you let it sit on the ink for a minute and then slowly erase without smudging with some sort of cotton or q-tip. As others have mentioned, if the ink is deep then its too late.
Try so Borax soap. Haven't used it myself but I've heard it works. Good luck.
DJ MockingScott said:
The squids use bug spray and if the sharpie has not dyed the plastic, it will come off.
Give those discs back to the people with their name on them!
I'm trying to get the ink off some of my own discs, but thanks for your input!
Troy Built said:
Try so Borax soap. Haven't used it myself but I've heard it works. Good luck.
Haven't tried that one yet, but I do have some in a dispenser hangin' in the garage, THANKS!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968