www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

The weather here in Pekin IL is just now getting nice enough to play some night golf. I've already ordered an led UV flashlight but I am still looking for a good glow set of discs. I know I'm definitely going to get a Roc because the two I have are the most beloved discs in my bag. I could probably only use that but I'd like to use a putter and a driver too. During normal play I usually use a pro wraith for drives, due to the fact that I just grew out of my Valkyrie and it turns over on me every time. I get super long, low straight flights with it and absolutely love it. For putting I use a pro Rhyno and It is my all time favorite putter. I used to have an aviar but it has been seeing MUCH less use lately due to the fact that I hit some part of the basket almost every time I throw my Rhyno 100' and in. The thing is I can only find champion glow wraith which I guess I could learn to live with. Is a champ wraith much different than a pro? and I can not fin ANY kind of glow Rhyno. I know they HAVE to exist from some kind of CFR program or something. I don't want to ruin my putting by having to switch between the rhyno during the day and a glow aviar at night.

I'm looking for: Ideas, Advice, and help. Any or all of these will be greatly appreciated.

PS. I'm not a big fan of attaching LEDs or glow sticks to my discs. I've tried it and I almost lost my favorite ROC because the glow stick flew off on midair. I was searching for a good hour before I found it neatly in the middle of the fairway.

Tags: discs, glof, glow, night

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not alot of diff between the champ and pro wraith, the pro has better grip but as long as u dont lose the champ ull be throwing it 5 years from now, they dont wear out. And I think the champ will start out alil more overstable itll be fine once it breaks in.
cool, thanks for the info on the wraith. Have you ever heard of such a thing as a glow rhyno? I could care less what plastic its made out of. Am I just dreaming?
I don't think there is such a thing as a glow rhyno, but I've played quite a bit of night golf and haven't lost a putter. I think you would probably be fine with a normal one. But if you insist, why don't you paint a 3 or 4 inch circle on the top and bottom of one with your glow paint. It won't change the flight characteristics drastically.
Atrain said:
I don't think there is such a thing as a glow rhyno, but I've played quite a bit of night golf and haven't lost a putter. I think you would probably be fine with a normal one. But if you insist, why don't you paint a 3 or 4 inch circle on the top and bottom of one with your glow paint. It won't change the flight characteristics drastically.

Thats a good Idea, I'll just buy a cheap dx rhyno and do that. Thanks. I'm new to night golf (only played once with glow sticks) Are there any tips or things to look out for that a person normally wouldn't think of?
Joshua Ozuna said:
Atrain said:

Thats a good Idea, I'll just buy a cheap dx rhyno and do that. Thanks. I'm new to night golf (only played once with glow sticks) Are there any tips or things to look out for that a person normally wouldn't think of?

Use good tape, when you use glow sticks or led lights! I had to learn this the hard way. Walking up and finding an led light lying on the ground with your favorite driver not attached to it SUCKS. If you ever go night golfing in Richmond, VA, watch out for naked Peter. 5'9" or so 40 or 50 year old guy that likes to play naked. He doesn't like to be seen doing it though and he takes off as fast as he can. He still claims it's not him, but everyone knows better.
Atrain said:
Joshua Ozuna said:
Atrain said:

Use good tape, when you use glow sticks or led lights! I had to learn this the hard way. Walking up and finding an led light lying on the ground with your favorite driver not attached to it SUCKS. If you ever go night golfing in Richmond, VA, watch out for naked Peter. 5'9" or so 40 or 50 year old guy that likes to play naked. He doesn't like to be seen doing it though and he takes off as fast as he can. He still claims it's not him, but everyone knows better.

LOL, that would be hilarious! The craziest thing I've seen is a herd of like fifty or sixty deer in the middle of the 18th fairway. We had to scare them away by screaming at them.

As far as losing my glow stick, I was using 3M brand clear Duct tape. It had been storming all day and finally stopped so it was really wet out. I'm pretty sure thats how it came off.

I just figure it would be easier all around to use glow discs because you cant lose the glow stick or LED off of them and I think it would be easier to find too because it is a much larger glowing object. the glow sticks actually disappear in tall grass sometimes until you walk right up on them. I don't think I would mind charging the disc, just the novelty of having an LED black light flashlight would make up for the tediousness. I also heard they're great for finding white or florescent discs in the dark if they don't glow.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968