www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Water hazards/OB, do you go for it or lay up?

This is a hole at a course in West Virginia (410ft) it was the first Hole I encountered with water.  I went for it and landed beside the basket. 

I always go for it I think you have be confident in your shots.  What do you do?

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

410' is not very far, it's my longest ace on flat ground. I'd go for it no fear!
I don't have a 400' shot... so I'd throw a hyzer with an eagle to the left side of the lake there and then throw an upshot across.
Don't have the "D", but do have the Wahoo! So I'd go for it, since it's a downhill shot.
410 down hill, yea I would go for it.
very rarely can I get even close to 400', so I'd lay up.
In a practice situation, lay up. In a competition of any sort, go for it. Besides, I have had several of my drives skip off the top of the water at the end of their flight paths.
Just wondering why you would lay up in practice if you are going for it when it counts.  I have always changed my practice habits to reflect how I play in competition.

The hole is 410' but how far is it from the tee to the far edge of the water?

the basket is about 6-7 feet from the edge of the water.  so around 403-404

That just doesnt make sense to me.

If I were at this course and this hole I would definely go for it.  How could drive back to MI. knowing I did go for it.  400 is pushing it for me, but landing by the basket would be worth it.  In general when playing I like to go for it.  Although we all have our limits.
basically I practice shots that I would use in a tournament. To me it doesnt make sense to practice throwing 300-350 shots to the left of a lake to be safe and then when it counts try to throw it 400 feet strait down the middle.  it would be the same with a 30 foot putt down hill.  I wouldn't practice laying up at it then in the tournament try to sink it.  Also when I practice I follow all PDGA rules so that it becomes habit.  I have seen a couple of people during a practice round flip their disc instead of using a marker and then do it during a tournament and it cost them a stroke.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968